Lead Product Manager, Cross-Team Communication
Slack has quickly become the preferred way for teams to get work done within companies of all sizes, from startups like Lyft and Airbnb to Fortune 500 companies like Capital One and IBM. What happens when work transcends organizational boundaries? That’s where you come in. As Lead Product Manager for Cross-Team Communication, you will define the experience millions of people rely on every day to collaborate across organizational boundaries.
Today, that experience starts with Shared Channels, which enable Slack teams to communicate with each other in the same ways they already do internally: via Slack. You will lead the team through the final stages of the Shared Channels open beta, and help define and execute the long term strategy for making people’s working lives simpler, more pleasant and more productive across organizational boundaries and throughout the network of companies using Slack.
- You will be responsible for driving product roadmap and execution for a big chunk of Cross-Team Communication, in concert with cross-functional peers
- You'll balance the needs of administrators and end users, providing both admin tooling and the end user experience
- You will drive execution against our plan in collaboration with Engineering and Design peers: making tradeoffs, anticipating staffing needs, risks, and ensuring frequent and clear communication internally and with customers
- You will help shape Slack’s product development process while we grow
- Passionate about Slack and the problem we are solving (previous enterprise software experience is not required)
- Tireless eye for detail and demonstrated obsession with building great user experiences
- Experience building and delivering multiple successful products as an individual contributor (we expect you to get your hands dirty!)
- Ability to paint a concise, compelling vision and rally a team behind it, balancing short term needs with long term strategy
- Comfortable and skilled at presenting to audiences of all sizes, from executive meetings with our CEO, to customer meetings, to company all-hands and external events
- Experience working on fast-growing network-effect products is strongly preferred
- Technically proficient: capable of wading into the details, but can also drive 30k foot view
- Creativity in strategy and execution tactics, and discomfort with the status quo
Slack is the collaboration hub of choice for companies of all sizes, all across the world. By using Slack, they ensure that the right people are always in the loop, that key information is always at their fingertips, and new team members can get up to speed easily. With Slack, teams are better connected.
Launched in February 2014, Slack is the fastest growing business application ever and is used by thousands of teams and millions of users every day. We currently have nine offices worldwide, in San Francisco, Vancouver, Dublin, Melbourne, New York, London, Tokyo, Toronto and Denver.
Ensuring a diverse and inclusive workplace where we learn from each other is core to Slack's values. We welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives. We are an equal opportunity employer and a pleasant and supportive place to work. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Come do the best work of your life here at Slack.