Product Manager, Developer Platform Foundations
Slack is seeking a Product Manager to guide the design, development, and strategy for the foundations of Slack’s Developer Platform, specifically including identity, security, and the scalability and stability of our APIs. The ideal candidate has experience as a product manager of externally-consumable developer APIs, identity management, security products or security-related features. We’re looking for someone who can perform well in a large, rapidly expanding organization.
- Develop product strategy and feature roadmap related to Slack’s Developer Platform infrastructure, including tokens, permissions, authentication, authorization, policy controls, and information security.
- In tandem with engineering leadership, develop appropriate planning, prioritization, and release management processes to enable launch of new identity and security features that our customers understand and derive value.
- Drive superb execution against plan, anticipating risk, and leading discussion via frequent, clear communication, both internally and with customers.
- Prioritize and design features for a variety of personas, from Enterprise Admins and the millions of customers who use Slack at work everyday to the thousands of developers who are building businesses on our platform.
- Partner closely with Slack’s Enterprise, Policy and Security teams, assessing commercial and regulatory requirements and contributing meaningfully to evaluation of product, partnership, and policy solutions to address them.
- Product management experience with the creation and maintenance of APIs, as well as experience with identity, security products or related features.
- B2B product management experience, preferably in some combination of technical platform or B2B marketplace roles.
- A strong technical background, enabling meaningful contribution to technically-driven features intended to make applications more performant, reliable, and secure; previous development experience in some form is required.
- Awareness of policy and regulatory issues related to security, on a global scale.
- Passion for Slack and the problems we are solving.
- Relentless desire to understand developers, software admins, and end user customers.
- Natural talent for mediation of competing interests and ability to find creative solutions.
- Track record of working with engineering and design teams; people want to work with you again.
Slack is the collaboration hub of choice for companies of all sizes, all across the world. By using Slack, they ensure that the right people are always in the loop, that key information is always at their fingertips, and new team members can get up to speed easily. With Slack, teams are better connected.
Launched in February 2014, Slack is the fastest growing business application ever and is used by thousands of teams and millions of users every day. We currently have nine offices worldwide, in San Francisco, Vancouver, Dublin, Melbourne, New York, London, Tokyo, Toronto and Denver.
Ensuring a diverse and inclusive workplace where we learn from each other is core to Slack's values. We welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives. We are an equal opportunity employer and a pleasant and supportive place to work. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Come do the best work of your life here at Slack.