Frontend Build Infrastructure Engineer
People love working on Slack — it is a complex web application used by millions of people for hours or even days at a time. Our engineering team is tasked with keeping it fast and reliable, and maintaining the systems that the rest of our frontend team uses to build their features.
If that sounds like your cup of tea, we'd love to hear from you.
- 2+ years of experience in the industry writing or configuring frontend build systems (webpack, rollup, etc.) and other modern tooling
- You know your way around the performance profiling and debugging tools available in Node.js
- You have an extensive knowledge of code transformations, syntax trees and the like
- Diving into a new system to understand mysterious behavior excites you.
- You write understandable, testable code with an eye towards maintainability and scalability.
- You have compassion for your fellow engineers and want to improve their developer experience
- You've managed package dependencies at scale
- Bonus: You have an intimate knowledge of the internals of V8 or an equivalent JS engine
- Bonus: You have operations experience (eg. chef, rsync)
- Bonus: You have experience with PHP/HHVM, Ruby, or shell scripting
- You have a bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering or related field, or equivalent training, fellowship, or work experience.
Slack is the collaboration hub of choice for companies of all sizes, all across the world. By using Slack, they ensure that the right people are always in the loop, that key information is always at their fingertips, and new team members can get up to speed easily. With Slack, teams are better connected.
Launched in February 2014, Slack is the fastest growing business application ever and is used by thousands of teams and millions of users every day. We currently have nine offices worldwide, in San Francisco, Vancouver, Dublin, Melbourne, New York, London, Tokyo, Toronto and Denver.
Ensuring a diverse and inclusive workplace where we learn from each other is core to Slack's values. We welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives. We are an equal opportunity employer and a pleasant and supportive place to work. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Come do the best work of your life here at Slack.