Senior Director, Communication Design
Slack is hiring a Senior Director of Communication Design to help build the future of our brand and develop the team that will implement it. Communication Designers serve a vital role at Slack: from the craft and finish of every detail on our high-traffic, public-facing websites to creating experiences delivered through global ad campaigns. In this role, you’ll be responsible for overseeing all aspects of communication design, from growing and evolving the team to shaping our brand visually. You’ll also be a member of the senior leadership team in the marketing organization, helping contribute to our overall brand and marketing strategy globally.
We appreciate designers who think deeply, speak clearly, and love collaboration and feedback. Slack is a positive, diverse, and supportive culture—if this sounds like a good fit for you, send us a nice hello and links to your work.
- You'll report directly to our VP of Global Marketing and work closely with leadership peers across the marketing organization to develop and execute on key marketing programs.
- You'll drive the design vision and strategy for all customer-facing assets, creating a coherent user and brand experience across the many different touch points of the Slack brand.
- You'll lead a team of design managers to develop consistent project progress, career development, work satisfaction and happiness.
- You’ll guide, improve and implement design feedback process.
- You’ll be an active and available craft mentor for other designers.
- You’ll also help ensure that teams and projects are properly staffed, and that work is balanced for the team’s ability, desire, and time.
- You’ll work cross-functionally with marketing, product design, and engineering partners to represent the design team, and give feedback in planning and product marketing channels.
- You'll work closely with marketing leadership and Slack executives to shape the brand personality of Slack.
- Experience leading and growing large teams in a fast-paced environment
- Extensive and relevant work experience leading and growing a high-performing communication design team, either as part of an agency or an in-house product-oriented company
- A demonstrable foundation in graphic and information design, typography, color, layout, concept ideation, and brand/copywriting
- Experience leading and collaborating with diverse teams in a dynamic, rapid growth environment
- A nuanced understanding of diverse and inclusive hiring practices
- Comfort with ambiguity and grace under pressure
Slack is the collaboration hub of choice for companies of all sizes, all across the world. By using Slack, they ensure that the right people are always in the loop, that key information is always at their fingertips, and new team members can get up to speed easily. With Slack, teams are better connected.
Launched in February 2014, Slack is the fastest growing business application ever and is used by thousands of teams and millions of users every day. We currently have nine offices worldwide, in San Francisco, Vancouver, Dublin, Melbourne, New York, London, Tokyo, Toronto and Denver.
Ensuring a diverse and inclusive workplace where we learn from each other is core to Slack's values. We welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives. We are an equal opportunity employer and a pleasant and supportive place to work. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Come do the best work of your life here at Slack.