Senior Product Manager, Missions
Slack is looking for an experienced Product Manager to guide the design, development, and strategy for Missions, our newest team aimed at helping non-developers build integrations and apps in Slack. Do you get excited about working on Platforms and want to help users build tools that make their teams’ working lives simpler, more pleasant, and more productive? Do you enjoy diving into details with your team and helping them succeed? Can you take vague user problems and turn them into real plans?
Great. Come work at Slack!
- Work with our biggest customers to collaborate on designing the best possible tools for building and distributing internal team workflows, for example simple approval processes and notifications.
- Work with a variety of third party developers to begin to define the next generation of integration touchpoints for Missions with their own apps.
- Work with our biggest customers to run collaborative user research studies.
- Define your features. Write specs and user stories, create wireframes, prototypes, test plans, release checklists. Communicate functionality and incorporate feedback. Rinse and repeat.
- Prioritize your work and your team’s work. Manage the backlog of features.
- Manage the daily workflow with a team of engineers and designers. Do whatever your team needs to help them keep moving.
- Create and maintain your team’s roadmap and milestones. Work with your team to estimate, implement, and build features while ensuring that you’re working on the highest priority things you can be.
- Collaborate with developer relations, customer success, partner engineering and other cross-functional teams to work with partners, participate in design sprints, and build the best apps for our mutual customers.
- Build relationships with third party developers and partners building on Slack’s Platform and ensure that they can leverage Missions to thrive, innovate, and reach the teams for whom they’re building.
- Represent your team in communication with product, engineering, and marketing leadership.
- Ensure we ship well-crafted product at a timely pace.
- Get back to work. ;-)
- 5-7 years of product management experience on a platform, internal tools, or other enterprise admin-facing product is preferred.
- Experience working with third-parties on technology and product-based partnerships.
- Proven history of shipping and managing products with cross-functional teams.
- Experience building out new product development teams (either as a direct manager or through informal leadership) and driving them toward a big vision as well as consistent execution.
- BA/BS/MBA etc. are optional but good.
- Previous experience shipping and iterating on successful products.
- Previous startup experience.
- Ability to work independently, communicating across multiple time zones.
Slack is the collaboration hub of choice for companies of all sizes, all across the world. By using Slack, they ensure that the right people are always in the loop, that key information is always at their fingertips, and new team members can get up to speed easily. With Slack, teams are better connected.
Launched in February 2014, Slack is the fastest growing business application ever and is used by thousands of teams and millions of users every day. We currently have nine offices worldwide, in San Francisco, Vancouver, Dublin, Melbourne, New York, London, Tokyo, Toronto and Denver.
Ensuring a diverse and inclusive workplace where we learn from each other is core to Slack's values. We welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives. We are an equal opportunity employer and a pleasant and supportive place to work.
Come do the best work of your life here at Slack.