Senior Product Manager, Messaging
Slack helps teams work together - big teams, small teams, teams the world over. In service of this, the Messaging team is responsible for essential communication in Slack. Our purpose is to provide a high-quality, considerate and reliable way for every customer to communicate with their team. A message written is a message received, and as part of that virtuous cycle, the Messaging team must help people know where their attention is needed most. Slack isn’t an email inbox where others define your day; our customers want intuitive and flexible ways to decide what messages are most important and where they should focus their time. That’s where you come in.
Slack is seeking a senior product manager to lead key initiatives in Messaging as part of the Core Product Team. In this role, you’ll set product vision and oversee development for features that inform people of relevant, timely communication in Slack. This means giving people control and flexibility around their notifications and availability so they can keep up with the conversation. More than that, you’ll steer how attention management should evolve in Slack so people can focus on what’s most important to do their best work.
Slack is a friendly, diverse, and supportive culture — if this sounds like a good fit for you, come work with us! This position is based at our headquarters in San Francisco.
- You’ll own features and prototype plans end-to-end, including writing product specs, driving cross-functional execution, making thoughtful product decisions along the way, and sharing insights and results throughout the company.
- You’ll demonstrate product taste and craftsmanship and be a champion for the customer informed by research, sales and the customer experience team. You will be responsible for driving a crucial product initiative at Slack and should show the attention to detail this responsibility deserves.
- You’ll identify the highest impact work, prioritize that work, and deliver improvements in a reliable way. Along the way, you’ll partner with colleagues in product, engineering, design and customer support to create a healthy, high-achieving team.
- You’ll set a clear go-to-market strategy in partnership with product marketing.
- Depth of experience leading business-critical product initiatives. You can take big ideas and turn them into a roadmap of features and research with minimal guidance.
- Tireless eye for detail and demonstrated obsession with building great user experiences
- Ability to think big and small to build incremental features and prototypes in service of a larger vision. You are as comfortable working in paper-prototypes as you are building out scalable features for demanding enterprise clients and know when to do which.
- Natural leadership. You know how to influence people to get things done across any job function. People love working with you.
- Written communication that is clear and effective.
- Passionate about Slack and the problem we are solving (previous enterprise software experience is not required)
- Comfortable and skilled at presenting to audiences of all sizes, from executive meetings with our CEO, to customer meetings, to company all-hands and external events
- Technically proficient: capable of wading into the details, but can also drive 30k foot view
- 5+ years of experience as a product manager
Slack is the collaboration hub of choice for companies of all sizes, all across the world. By using Slack, they ensure that the right people are always in the loop, that key information is always at their fingertips, and new team members can get up to speed easily. With Slack, teams are better connected.
Launched in February 2014, Slack is the fastest growing business application ever and is used by thousands of teams and millions of users every day. We currently have nine offices worldwide, in San Francisco, Vancouver, Dublin, Melbourne, New York, London, Tokyo, Toronto and Denver.
Ensuring a diverse and inclusive workplace where we learn from each other is core to Slack's values. We welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives. We are an equal opportunity employer and a pleasant and supportive place to work. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Come do the best work of your life here at Slack.