Senior Manager, Core IT Engineering
Location: Denver, Colorado, USA
As the Senior Manager of Core IT Engineering at Slack, you will lead a team of infrastructure and software engineers, primarily in our Denver and SF offices, as well as being responsible for creating an exceptional technology experience with the tools that we use to support our users. You will deliver a quality, customer-focused experience for all of the products and services we deliver to Slack employees. The ideal person has a vision for IT in a SaaS-based world, a real passion for providing simple solutions for complex business problems, and a focus on determining how technology can improve user experience and reduce friction. As the senior IT leader in our Denver office, you will also be the day-to-day site lead for our entire department, helping nurture our team dynamic and culture across multiple IT teams in that location.
In this role you will report to the Director of Core IT, who is based in San Francisco. The team provides the technology that makes our employees more productive including, but not limited to, the corporate network, client platform, identity services, SaaS application management, and integrations with Slack and other tools. You are a high-energy, self-starter with an entrepreneurial spirit and the ability to navigate a rapidly changing landscape. You enjoy and excel at team building and development, as well as collaborating across functions. Technical expertise and a real passion for innovation are crucial for this role, but you’ll balance that with a desire to improve the user experience for the products and services we deliver to the Slack community.
- Build a high performing IT Engineering team through mentorship, training, and direct feedback.
- Develop & nurture the Denver site IT culture, across all IT teams represented there.
- Build amazing internal products and integrations to make people at Slack more productive.
- Pursue user-impacting issues with the grit and determination needed to see them through to resolution.
- Lead the team in the development of the technology strategy for our infrastructure and software services within Core IT at Slack.
- Ensure the continued development of a CI/CD pipeline for software engineering within Core IT.
- Use data to find trends and drive continuous improvement through collaboration with your peers in all areas of Core IT.
- Effectively communicate with internal and external stakeholders on a regular basis regarding progress on projects, performance and potential business risks.
- Establish and handle relationships with our vendors and suppliers.
- 4+ years of experience in a technical leadership position.
- 8+ years in software engineering roles, either in people leadership or as an individual contributor.
- Experience leading a team across multiple locations (ideally globally).
- Experience working with stakeholders in traditionally non-engineering functions (Sales, Marketing, Legal, HR, Finance, etc)
- Desired experience in a corporate IT or Tooling organization.
- Proven ability to excel in a people leadership role.
- Experience in a dynamic, fast-growing environment.
- BA/BS is required.-
Slack is the collaboration hub of choice for companies of all sizes, all across the world. By using Slack, they ensure that the right people are always in the loop, that key information is always at their fingertips, and new team members can get up to speed easily. With Slack, teams are better connected.
Launched in February 2014, Slack is the fastest growing business application ever and is used by thousands of teams and millions of users every day. We currently have nine offices worldwide, in San Francisco, Vancouver, Dublin, Melbourne, New York, London, Tokyo, Toronto and Denver.
Ensuring a diverse and inclusive workplace where we learn from each other is core to Slack's values. We welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives. We are an equal opportunity employer and a pleasant and supportive place to work.
Come do the best work of your life here at Slack.