Director of Internal Audit
As Director of Internal Audit, you will lead the internal audit function for the organization, providing value-added analysis on business operations, internal controls and risk management reporting to the Audit & Risk Committee (ARC), with administrative reporting to the CFO. The ideal candidate is an experienced professional who thrives on building companies and enjoys working in an exciting and evolving environment.
As a member of the Slack Biz Ops team, you will help drive new initiatives and make a large, daily impact on our rapidly growing global business! Sound interesting? Come work with us!
- Establish a risk-based plan to align the priorities of the Internal Audit function with the strategic goals of the Company
- Program-wide leadership and coordination for operational audit assessments on behalf of management over the effectiveness of internal control over operational processes and financial reporting (includes financial controls and IT general controls)
- Directing activities relating to compliance with all applicable laws and regulations, particularly requirements as defined by Sarbanes-Oxley (SOX), Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP), and International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS).
- Work closely with Senior Management throughout the Company to document and evaluate processes or programs that are strategically or financially important, to identify process deficiencies or enhancements, and ensure action is taken to address these (Oversee the enterprise risk management program for the Company)
- Prepare internal audit updates and present to the ARC on a quarterly basis
- Coordinate with external auditors on their annual plan and be the facilitator between the auditors and the business units to minimize impact
- Work closely with process owners to ensure corrective action plans are in place and to remedy gaps in controls
- Supervise consultants used to supplement the SOX and internal audit processes
- Conduct cybersecurity risk reviews and control assessments to ensure our processes are consistent with cutting-edge industry leading practices
- Develop and maintain standardized best practices, policies, and systems for Internal Audit
- Assist with internal investigations regarding financial reporting matters as they arise
- Build and grow a high-performing audit team through hiring, mentoring, coaching, training, and timely and candid performance feedback
- 10+ years of Public Accounting (i.e. Big 4 Accounting Firms) experience or relevant Tech experience, ideally in a SaaS environment
- BA/BS in Accounting, Finance, IT or related field
- Professional audit relevant certification - Certified Internal Auditor (CIA), Certified Information Systems Auditor (CISA) and/or Certified Public Accountant (CPA)
- Strong working knowledge of US GAAP, PCAOB Audit standards and requirements, COSO internal control framework, and other regulatory requirements
- Excellent understanding of internal control concepts and experience evaluating and determining the adequacy of controls by considering business and technology risks in an integrated manner
- Deep understanding of audit industry best practices including the use and implementation of software tools
- Strong communication skills, excellent interpersonal skills and presentation skills that help facilitate interactions with business partners
- Proven experience leading successful teams.
- Experience in coordinating external audits and auditors
- Comfortable and flexible working in a fast-paced environment
Slack is the collaboration hub of choice for companies of all sizes, all across the world. By using Slack, they ensure that the right people are always in the loop, that key information is always at their fingertips, and new team members can get up to speed easily. With Slack, teams are better connected.
Launched in February 2014, Slack is the fastest growing business application ever and is used by thousands of teams and millions of users every day. We currently have nine offices worldwide, in San Francisco, Vancouver, Dublin, Melbourne, New York, London, Tokyo, Toronto and Denver.
Ensuring a diverse and inclusive workplace where we learn from each other is core to Slack's values. We welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives. We are an equal opportunity employer and a pleasant and supportive place to work. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Come do the best work of your life here at Slack.