Manager, Value Consulting
Slack is looking for a highly talented, creative, and passionate individual who can help drive strategy, conduct business value analysis, and deliver presentations identifying and articulating the value of Slack to our top strategic customers.
You will lead our Global Value Consulting team and practice, working closely with our Sales, Success, Solutions Engineering, and Product Marketing teams on our most strategic customer accounts. You will form our business value proposition, including strategic account planning, business case justification, and C-Level presentations. You will develop and present compelling value propositions, proposals, and business cases, and work with the customer success team to track value realization in support of Slack’s largest, most strategic customers.
What you will be doing
- Work closely with prospective customers, Sales, and Solution Engineering to identify, prioritize, and quantify key business drivers and understand how our solutions will help customers meet their strategic objectives.
- Conduct and facilitate internal and external research and discovery around customer business processes, market trends, and business value analysis.
- Enable our sales team to facilitate value oriented discovery and deliver high-level business value/impact analysis.
- Lead growing team of Value Consultants and drive strategic resource planning in support of the global sales team.
- Identify target operational and financial metrics impacted by potential solution and then use these metrics to develop models to quantify the strategic value of Slack.
- Craft and deliver executive level presentations to CxOs.
- Support qualitative and quantitative analysis in support of targeted opportunities.
- Assist with developing value messaging associated with targeted opportunities
- Validate messaging is aligned with customer value themes
- Craft reusable assets to help scale the team's reach across the greater Slack organization
- Provide tactical support for targeted opportunities
- Manage library of assets include items such as spreadsheets, presentation templates, case examples, and customer stories
What you should have
- BA/BS degree from a top university in a quantitative field (e.g. Business, finance, economics, math, engineering, marketing, or related areas).
- Demonstrated relevant experience, ideally in Finance, Strategy Consulting, or other analytical roles in a professional services environment.
- Experience building and growing a new global function/organization
- Experience delivering presentations (internally or externally facing)
- Executive presence aptitude or experience
- A self-starter who takes initiative, is creative, has high energy, and would thrive in a very fast paced software company
- Excellent quantitative analysis and financial modeling skills
- Experience in a sales environment would be a plus
- An interest in the technology/software/SaaS space
Slack is a layer of the business technology stack that brings together people, data, and applications – a single place where people can effectively work together, find important information, and access hundreds of thousands of critical applications and services to do their best work. From global Fortune 100 companies to corner markets, businesses and teams of all kinds use Slack to bring the right people together with all the right information. Slack is headquartered in San Francisco, CA and has ten offices around the world. For more information on how Slack makes teams better connected, visit slack.com.
Ensuring a diverse and inclusive workplace where we learn from each other is core to Slack’s values. We welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives. We are an equal opportunity employer and a pleasant and supportive place to work.
Come do the best work of your life here at Slack.