Manager, Value Consulting
Slack is looking for a highly talented, creative, and passionate individual who can help drive strategy, conduct business value analysis, and deliver presentations identifying and articulating the value of Slack to our top strategic customers.
You will lead our Global Value Consulting team and practice, working closely with our Sales, Success, Solutions Engineering, and Product Marketing teams on our most strategic customer accounts. You will form our business value proposition, including strategic account planning, business case justification, and C-Level presentations. You will develop and present compelling value propositions, proposals, and business cases, and work with the customer success team to track value realization in support of Slack’s largest, most strategic customers.
- Work closely with prospective customers, Sales, and Solution Engineering to identify, prioritize, and quantify key business drivers and understand how our solutions will help customers meet their strategic objectives.
- Conduct and facilitate internal and external research and discovery around customer business processes, market trends, and business value analysis.
- Enable our sales team to facilitate value oriented discovery and deliver high-level business value/impact analysis.
- Lead growing team of Value Consultants and drive strategic resource planning in support of the global sales team.
- Identify target operational and financial metrics impacted by potential solution and then use these metrics to develop models to quantify the strategic value of Slack.
- Craft and deliver executive level presentations to CxOs.
- Support qualitative and quantitative analysis in support of targeted opportunities.
- Assist with developing value messaging associated with targeted opportunities
- Validate messaging is aligned with customer value themes
- Craft reusable assets to help scale the team's reach across the greater Slack organization
- Provide tactical support for targeted opportunities
- Manage library of assets include items such as spreadsheets, presentation templates, case examples, and customer stories
- BA/BS degree from a top university in a quantitative field (e.g. Business, finance, economics, math, engineering, marketing, or related areas).
- Demonstrated relevant experience, ideally in Finance, Strategy Consulting, or other analytical roles in a professional services environment.
- Experience building and growing a new global function/organization
- Experience delivering presentations (internally or externally facing)
- Executive presence aptitude or experience
- A self-starter who takes initiative, is creative, has high energy, and would thrive in a very fast paced software company
- Excellent quantitative analysis and financial modeling skills
- Experience in a sales environment would be a plus
- An interest in the technology/software/SaaS space
Slack is the collaboration hub of choice for companies of all sizes, all across the world. By using Slack, they ensure that the right people are always in the loop, that key information is always at their fingertips, and new team members can get up to speed easily. With Slack, teams are better connected.
Launched in February 2014, Slack is the fastest growing business application ever and is used by thousands of teams and millions of users every day. We currently have nine offices worldwide, in San Francisco, Vancouver, Dublin, Melbourne, New York, London, Tokyo, Toronto and Denver.
Ensuring a diverse and inclusive workplace where we learn from each other is core to Slack's values. We welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives. We are an equal opportunity employer and a pleasant and supportive place to work. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Come do the best work of your life here at Slack.