Associate Workplace Manager
Are you passionate about office operations? Do you enjoy helping others? Our workplace motto is “never late to need" and we operate with the highest level of integrity and kindness to ensure we are amplifying these beliefs and to carry out this culture. At Slack, the Workplace team conducts business and forms relationships to champion a welcoming environment for all employees and guests. We strive to maintain our global offices in a safe, aesthetic and clean condition for both employees and visitors.
As an Associate Workplace Manager at Slack, you will assist in managing our company headquarters and work to coordinate Workplace managed operations at an optimum and organized execution standard of excellence. You are committed to our operations being reflective of our happy, creative company culture.
You are dedicated, detail-oriented, and personable -- traits necessary for building successful vendor and customer relationships. You will oversee day-to-day operations, as well as assist in long term and forecasting projects. You will be responsible for coordinating general office operations and reception. Your job is to identify and support all office needs, while anticipating future needs. You will report to and work closely with the Workplace Manager.
- You are one of the primary contacts for physical daily office operations, leading a team to uphold strict standards of service and building a world-class, supportive workplace.
- You will help with further developing processes, coming up with creative solutions to improve efficiency and actively strategizing for scaling Workplace operations regionally and globally.
- You will ensure efficient use of Slack's resources in support of office operations by overseeing operational expense budgeting, spend, and accounting processes for your office.
- You are a great partner with our vendors, building landlords, and maintenance staff as to ensure services run seamlessly, including facilities functions and improvements such as utilities, HVAC, repairs, or preventive maintenance.
- You are confident in designing and executing project plans: crafting timelines, scheduling, communicating, and coordinating necessary steps.
- Plan and take ownership of future space planning, identifying potential office expansion needs including the coordination of employees and vendors.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent
- Minimum experience of 3 years in an Office Coordinator or Office Manager role
- Proficiency in Google Suite, MS Office, and familiarity with Slack is a plus
- Strong communication skills, written and verbal
- Thorough knowledge of budgets and accounting
- You have experience in managing and mentoring teams
- Collaborative sensibility to work cross functionally with teams
- Capable of working independently and a self-starter
Slack is the collaboration hub of choice for companies of all sizes, all across the world. By using Slack, they ensure that the right people are always in the loop, that key information is always at their fingertips, and new team members can get up to speed easily. With Slack, teams are better connected.
Launched in February 2014, Slack is the fastest growing business application ever and is used by thousands of teams and millions of users every day. We currently have nine offices worldwide, in San Francisco, Vancouver, Dublin, Melbourne, New York, London, Tokyo, Toronto and Denver.
Ensuring a diverse and inclusive workplace where we learn from each other is core to Slack's values. We welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives. We are an equal opportunity employer and a pleasant and supportive place to work. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Come do the best work of your life here at Slack.