Senior Identity Engineer
As a Senior Identity Engineer in Core IT at Slack, you will be part of a team that is focused on improving the user experience for our corporate identities. Our goal is to make getting into our environment as frictionless as possible for Slack employees, while keeping a high bar for security. This is also a unique opportunity to work at a company that is redefining how people work, thinking through how to deliver our services over Slack, and delivering amazing tools to our users that make use of our platform.
Core IT Operations is a small team making a large impact; every improvement we ship has a corresponding impact on the velocity of the company as a whole. We have a strong commitment to quality, and understand that we're working at scale where a one-in-a-thousand edge case is going to happen every week. We are an inclusive team with deep empathy for our colleagues.
- Development of the technology roadmap for our corporate identity systems across Slack, in collaboration with multiple teams.
- Identify and implement any new technology or upgrades necessary to provide our users with an amazing identity experience.
- Design and implement the necessary RBAC model for our corporate identities.
- Design and implement, in conjunction with the software team, any auditing workflows that are necessary for access groups.
- Define the workflows needed to efficiently and securely onboard and offboard users at Slack.
- Developing automation workflows and integrations for repetitive or manual tasks.
- Working closely with cross-functional stakeholders on IT-related initiatives and projects.
- Collaborating with peers to write, review, and provide feedback on a technical specification.
- Providing technical oversight and mentorship to more junior team members.
- 6+ years of experience designing, implementing, and support identity systems in a corporate environment
- 2+ years of experience with Single Sign On (SSO) tools
- Experience implementing and/or managing PKI
- Familiar with SAML, SCIM, OpenID Connect, OAuth, MFA, Kerberos/NTLM, LDAP
- BA/BS, or relevant experience is required.
- You are motivated by helping other engineers succeed. When things break — and they will — you are eager and able to help fix things. You like thinking of ways to improve efficiency or bring delight to the people you work with.
- You are a strong communicator. Explaining complex technical concepts to designers, support, and other engineers is no problem for you.
- You also know that the internet is a scary place and understand security concepts deeply and can put them into action to protect us and our users.
- You are someone that others enjoy working with due to your positive attitude and technical competence.
- You have curiosity about how things work.
Slack is the collaboration hub of choice for companies of all sizes, all across the world. By using Slack, they ensure that the right people are always in the loop, that key information is always at their fingertips, and new team members can get up to speed easily. With Slack, teams are better connected.
Launched in February 2014, Slack is the fastest growing business application ever and is used by thousands of teams and millions of users every day. We currently have nine offices worldwide, in San Francisco, Vancouver, Dublin, Melbourne, New York, London, Tokyo, Toronto and Denver.
Ensuring a diverse and inclusive workplace where we learn from each other is core to Slack's values. We welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives. We are an equal opportunity employer and a pleasant and supportive place to work.
Come do the best work of your life here at Slack.