International Revenue Manager
Reporting to the US-based Senior Revenue Manager , the International Revenue Manager will be part of the Revenue team that promotes consistent revenue recognition practices and ensures that Slack international entities report revenue in accordance with US generally accepted accounting practices.
You will be the Revenue Technical/Operational lead for our International business and work closely with various stakeholders to structure deals that meet customer needs and maximize revenue. You will be responsible for recommending continuous improvements to the Order to Cash process so that it can scale and support our high-growth core business and new business initiatives. In addition, you will participate in the monthly and quarterly international close process.
You will interact externally with customers and internally with Sales, Business Operations, Billing Systems, and Legal. You will work closely with US counterparts to ensure consistent application of policy and process globally. You will be expected to coach and mentor revenue analysts to support billing, order management, non-standard contract deal structuring (Deal Desk) and revenue accounting monthly close.
The ideal candidate will be a team player who is hands-on, process driven, highly detail oriented, cares about continuous improvement and is always striving to make things better. Sound interesting? Come work at Slack, we’re nice!
- Participate in contract negotiation in collaboration with Sales, Legal and Business Ops teams
- Participate in, and lead, the monthly and quarterly revenue accounting close process for our international business
- Work closely with Business Systems and Engineers to design an effective Order to Cash process and systems including User Acceptance Testing for new systems
- Gain a detailed understanding of the Order to Cash process
- Be proactive in taking on new projects, tasks, and owning the international revenue process and deliverables
- Identify issues that may result in adverse revenue recognition impact and work with respective teams to address root causes
- Train business partners whilst working closely with them to ensure consistency in application of Revenue policies and practices
- Help establish Standalone Value for Slack’s services
- Ensure Revenue is accurately recorded, including appropriate revenue allocation as required by ASC606
- Bachelor degree in Finance, Accounting or similar degree required
- Holds a recognized accounting qualification, preferably with a background in a Big 4 accounting firm.
- At least 5 years post qualification experience in an international technology company.
- Working knowledge of US Revenue recognition accounting standards, ASC 606 Revenue from Contracts with customers, ASC 605 (including Software Revenue Recognition SOP 97-2 (ASC985-605) and multiple element arrangements EITF 08-01 (ASC605-625)
- Advanced Excel skills (vLookup, pivot tables, etc.)
- Experience in Slack platform a plus
- Experience with Workday Financials a plus
- Excel in working across various cross-functional teams
Slack is the collaboration hub of choice for companies of all sizes, all across the world. By using Slack, they ensure that the right people are always in the loop, that key information is always at their fingertips, and new team members can get up to speed easily. With Slack, teams are better connected.
Launched in February 2014, Slack is the fastest growing business application ever and is used by thousands of teams and millions of users every day. We currently have nine offices worldwide, in San Francisco, Vancouver, Dublin, Melbourne, New York, London, Tokyo, Toronto and Denver.
Ensuring a diverse and inclusive workplace where we learn from each other is core to Slack's values. We welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives. We are an equal opportunity employer and a pleasant and supportive place to work.
Come do the best work of your life here at Slack.