Data Science Summer 2019 Intern
Slack is looking for interns to work alongside our data scientists for the summer of 2019. These internships are a unique opportunity for those that wish to gain hands-on experience working with data at a fast growing company. You will have the opportunity to join a collaborative group of data scientist who partner closely with Sales, Marketing, and Product to provide visibility into our data, craft narratives, find insights, and provide recommendations.
- Currently pursuing a degree in a quantitative field.
- Preferred candidates are pursuing advanced degrees in statistics, math, economics, or computer science.
- Experience using R, Python, or SQL.
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to tell a complete narrative using data.
- Ability to connect data analysis to real business problems, in order to impact business performance.
- Must be graduating December 2019 or later.
Slack is the collaboration hub of choice for companies of all sizes, all across the world. By using Slack, they ensure that the right people are always in the loop, that key information is always at their fingertips, and new team members can get up to speed easily. With Slack, teams are better connected.
Launched in February 2014, Slack is the fastest growing business application ever and is used by thousands of teams and millions of users every day. We currently have nine offices worldwide, in San Francisco, Vancouver, Dublin, Melbourne, New York, London, Tokyo, Toronto and Denver.
Ensuring a diverse and inclusive workplace where we learn from each other is core to Slack's values. We welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives. We are an equal opportunity employer and a pleasant and supportive place to work. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Come do the best work of your life here at Slack.