Slack is more than just a tech company, we are on a mission to make your working life simpler, more pleasant and more productive. We believe that culture is the compass to success and so our Slack Values are woven into the fabric of all we do. We seek exceptional talent that is eager to do the best work of their life while supporting others in doing the same.
The Demo Engineer role will help to build and manage one of the most valuable sales assets: a demo environment. This is the core customer facing demo template used by Solutions Engineers, Account Executives, and others across the company. This individual should be passionate about creating and executing demos, have deep knowledge of Slack and a desire to contribute to the greater good.
- Create the world's best demo environment and tools for the Sales organization
- Provide thought leadership on demo development and execution
- Increase sales success by improving demo quality and ability to innovate
- Increase SE productivity by reducing time required to configure demos
- Design and build new demo scenarios that highlight the value of our platform.
- Track, research and implement solutions to issues affecting those using the demo environments
- Document changes and track progress toward goals
- Become an expert in the Slack platform and deliver creative ways to bring integrations to life
- Monitor Slack and respond to inquiries, test, track and resolve issues
- Identify opportunities for automation and develop specifications for new tools
- Stay up to date on upcoming features and own the demo strategy for them
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills; a knack for delivering compelling presentations
- A love for design and building from scratch; problem-solving is in your DNA
- Familiarity with navigating an API and Slack app development
- The technical aptitude to understand system integrations, data migration, and implementation considerations
- The ability to work independently toward deadlines and a willingness to take ownership of issues
- Computer Science or equivalent bachelor's degree required
Slack is the collaboration hub of choice for companies of all sizes, all across the world. By using Slack, they ensure that the right people are always in the loop, that key information is always at their fingertips, and new team members can get up to speed easily. With Slack, teams are better connected.
Launched in February 2014, Slack is the fastest growing business application ever and is used by thousands of teams and millions of users every day. We currently have nine offices worldwide, in San Francisco, Vancouver, Dublin, Melbourne, New York, London, Tokyo, Toronto and Denver.
Ensuring a diverse and inclusive workplace where we learn from each other is core to Slack's values. We welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives. We are an equal opportunity employer and a pleasant and supportive place to work. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Come do the best work of your life here at Slack.