App Directory Strategist
At Slack, we consider Customer Experience essential to our success. We have a healthy roster of high-profile companies that rely on Slack for their day-to-day communication, and we want to provide them with the best service possible. Part of that service includes the Slack App Directory where customers find the high quality apps to connect the tools they use to do their work in Slack.
We are hiring an App Directory Strategist to help us craft management of the lifecycle of apps, how we define and assess quality, and ongoing operations of the App Directory. This is a role that requires a broad skill set to be successful. Our ideal candidate will have a keen eye for detail, enjoy evaluating new tools and features, be excited to find and call out small but meaningful improvements, and be unafraid to take on unfamiliar tasks or ask for help when needed.
The person in this role will coach and guide developers as they submit their apps for review and being listed in the App Directory, thoughtfully and thoroughly reviewing apps with the Slack customer’s experience in mind. The person in this role will also work cross-functionally with teams across our Customer Experience and Platform departments, providing valuable feedback and support to our partners across Slack.
- Conduct thoughtful, comprehensive technical and user experience reviews of apps submitted for inclusion in the Slack App Directory
- Help craft the strategy for the team’s processes, goals, and roadmap for the App Directory itself
- Provide regular and incisive feedback to our product teams about existing and upcoming Slack features
- Work closely with our Policy team as part of the review process
- Work with developers and partners to improve the quality and performance of their Slack apps during and after the review process
- Build a deep knowledge of the apps in the App Directory and recognise which apps perform well and why
- Write documentation to help developers better understand the App Directory and review process
- Work cross-functionally to support the Platform, Customer Experience teams and our external partners
- Perform regular audits of the App Directory
- You are passionate about great customer experiences
- You enjoy diving into a new app or service to thoroughly test it out
- You have experience working in customer or developer support, or a similar role
- You are a strong and confident writer
- You know when something is over your head and are not afraid to ask for help
- You are curious, proactive and speak up when something can be improved, suggesting possible alternatives
- You can manage your time extremely well and can balance a regular flow of reviews with project work
- You share your own knowledge and skills with others, documenting and sharing new findings and existing processes
- You are comfortable working as part of a team as well as independently
- You understand web services and standard API patterns
Slack is the collaboration hub of choice for companies of all sizes, all across the world. By using Slack, they ensure that the right people are always in the loop, that key information is always at their fingertips, and new team members can get up to speed easily. With Slack, teams are better connected.
Launched in February 2014, Slack is the fastest growing business application ever and is used by thousands of teams and millions of users every day. We currently have nine offices worldwide, in San Francisco, Vancouver, Dublin, Melbourne, New York, London, Tokyo, Toronto and Denver.
Ensuring a diverse and inclusive workplace where we learn from each other is core to Slack's values. We welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives. We are an equal opportunity employer and a pleasant and supportive place to work.
Come do the best work of your life here at Slack.