Release Manager, Web
At Slack, 8 million users rely on us every single day to get their work done, and we take this responsibility seriously. We are seeking an experienced Release Manager to run release programs for Slack’s web application. As Slack grows, it is critical that we develop repeatable, predictable, and scalable methods to release our application safely into production.
In this role, you will partner with product, quality, operations, and development teams to define, build, and scale release processes and capabilities. You understand the benefits of moving quickly and can champion release methodology across the organization. You make decisions that are fair and consistent, with an eye toward quality, stability, and scale. You thrive when given the chance to create systems and have a customer-centric mindset.
In short, there is someone at Slack who cares deeply about quality of our release process - and that person is you!
- Identify and drive technical and process improvement opportunities, and work across multiple teams and functions to lead the execution of release programs and projects
- Continuously improve release tooling and process to drive predictability and enhance confidence
- Build and maintain internal documentation on release programs to ensure everyone is operating from the most recent and accurate information
- Reliably deliver frequent, stable, high quality web releases
- Measure, monitor, and communicate release metrics internally
- Communicate status and schedules, manage risks, evaluate tradeoffs, and call out impediments
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, with sufficient level of technical capability to effectively communicate with engineers, scope technical projects, and identify technical risks
- You have a strong bias to action and the quality of your execution is exceptional
- Ability to work independently and communicate across multiple time zones
- Excellent organizational and interpersonal skills, and experience leading activities across multiple teams
- You have experience coordinating releases for web applications with millions of users
- Proficient in Git, Github, SQL, data analytics, and real time monitoring software
Slack is the collaboration hub of choice for companies of all sizes, all across the world. By using Slack, they ensure that the right people are always in the loop, that key information is always at their fingertips, and new team members can get up to speed easily. With Slack, teams are better connected.
Launched in February 2014, Slack is the fastest growing business application ever and is used by thousands of teams and millions of users every day. We currently have nine offices worldwide, in San Francisco, Vancouver, Dublin, Melbourne, New York, London, Tokyo, Toronto and Denver.
Ensuring a diverse and inclusive workplace where we learn from each other is core to Slack's values. We welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives. We are an equal opportunity employer and a pleasant and supportive place to work. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Come do the best work of your life here at Slack.