Mid Market Solutions Engineer
Slack is more than just a tech company, we are on a mission to make your working life simpler, more pleasant and more productive. We believe that culture is the compass to success and so our Slack Values are woven into the fabric of all we do. We seek exceptional talent that is eager to do the best work of their life while supporting others in doing the same.
You will collaborate with Account Executives and Customers Success Managers to convey Slack's value to prospective customers during the pre-sales phase. You will do this while taking a consultative approach to working with customers and being passionate about the value we provide, not simply selling Slack’s features.
Are you are a self-starter with a deep understanding of the sales process? Are you technically-minded with customer-facing work experience? Last but not least, do you have an eye for business, boundless curiosity, and a proven track record of helping customers achieve lofty goals? If this sounds like you, we should chat.
What you will be doing
- You will partner with Account Executives to educate customers and have fun winning together
- Drive the discovery process, helping to uncover your customer’s business objectives and current pains
- You will ensure that your customers understand Slack's security posture, tackling objections along the way and occasionally responding to security questionnaires
- Prepare and deliver value-based demonstrations highlighting our powerful platform ecosystem
- You will conduct Proof Of Concepts where necessary to help your customers validate technical requirements (Data Loss Prevention, Single Sign On, E-Discovery, Platform Integrations)
- Contribute to the success of a rapidly growing and evolving organization
- Act as a liaison between Product and Sales, sharing customer feedback to help craft the product roadmap
What you should have
- 3+ years of sales engineering, technical customer success, or consulting experience
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills; a knack for delivering compelling presentations
- Familiarity with API development and service integrations is a plus
- Previous SaaS experience preferred
- Bachelor's degree required
Slack is a layer of the business technology stack that brings together people, data, and applications – a single place where people can effectively work together, find important information, and access hundreds of thousands of critical applications and services to do their best work. From global Fortune 100 companies to corner markets, businesses and teams of all kinds use Slack to bring the right people together with all the right information. Slack is headquartered in San Francisco, CA and has ten offices around the world. For more information on how Slack makes teams better connected, visit slack.com.
Ensuring a diverse and inclusive workplace where we learn from each other is core to Slack’s values. We welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives. We are an equal opportunity employer and a pleasant and supportive place to work.
Come do the best work of your life here at Slack.