Global Travel Manager
The Global Travel Manager is responsible for the development, implementation and execution of sourcing strategies related to travel. This program includes but is not limited to air, hotel, auto, meetings, and other travel related services. This position reports into the Director of Procurement.
Your primary responsibility will be to roll out a global travel program that includes a Corporate Travel and Entertainment card program. The ideal candidate will embrace the Slack culture, be a self-starter with a passion for Corporate Travel, strong customer focus & work ethic, and will pursue simplicity.
- Develop strong internal working relationships with all departments
- Partner with our Workplace Services team to understand and inventory existing travel services and develop a travel program roadmap
- Develop, maintain, and administer Global Travel Policy allowing for cultural and regional differences with cross-functional coordination as needed.
- Oversight of the travel management company(ies) including all operational issues, SLA’s, management reporting systems, and adherence to policy.
- Identify savings opportunities and service enhancements, initiate process improvements and deployment of benchmarking-generated best practices.
- Develop, implement and manage all travel vendor relationships and programs (agency, air, hotel, car rental, executive sedan, rideshare, and other travel related services ensuring compliance to service level agreements.
- Work with Risk Management on Duty of Care issues and incidents relating to business travel.
- Maintain travel helpdesk using Slack
- Assist internal customers with sourcing and negotiations for Meetings and Events
- Assist Marketing with meeting planning and budget creation.
- Design and implement travel training/seminars for travelers and travel arrangers.
- Benchmark, analyze, monitor, and report on travel expenditures and compliance.
- Monitor travel policy compliance and provide strategies to increase compliance.
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 5+ years of travel, card or equivalent customer facing experience
- Strong Presentation and Social Media Skills
- Excellent communication skills; proven ability to effectively communicate to senior level personnel both written or verbally
- Team oriented and interpersonal skills (ability to collaborate cross functionally)
- Ability to work independently with frequent interruptions and changes in priorities.
- Ability to provide a high level of customer service
- Certified Travel Expert (CTE) preferred
- Membership with Bay Area Business Travel Association and/or National Business Travel Association is preferred
- Knowledge of Concur, Workday Expense Reporting, Coupa, American Express or Visa/Mastercard Card Programs
Slack is the collaboration hub of choice for companies of all sizes, all across the world. By using Slack, they ensure that the right people are always in the loop, that key information is always at their fingertips, and new team members can get up to speed easily. With Slack, teams are better connected.
Launched in February 2014, Slack is the fastest growing business application ever and is used by thousands of teams and millions of users every day. We currently have nine offices worldwide, in San Francisco, Vancouver, Dublin, Melbourne, New York, London, Tokyo, Toronto and Denver.
Ensuring a diverse and inclusive workplace where we learn from each other is core to Slack's values. We welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives. We are an equal opportunity employer and a pleasant and supportive place to work. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Come do the best work of your life here at Slack.