Director, Corporate & Securities Counsel
Slack is seeking a corporate and securities lawyer to join our growing legal team. Reporting directly to the Head of Legal, your responsibilities will vary depending upon experience, but in general you will be responsible for all securities law work, general corporate matters (board and corporate structure and subsidiary support), supporting the finance and accounting teams, and likely a range of related matters. This is a special opportunity for the right candidate. We’re just getting started! And we’re nice.
- 8 + years experience as a general corporate and securities lawyer with a company or law firm
- Experience as Board (or Board committee) Secretary or Assistant Secretary a plus
- SaaS experience is a plus, as is M&A experience, familiarity with equity compensation issues, venture capital fundraising negotiations and documentation and other forms of debt and equity fundraising
- Providing legal advice on corporate governance issues
- Experience managing a network of U.S. and international subsidiaries
- Flexibility to adapt and thrive in an environment that is constantly expanding and changing as we grow our business, learn more about our customers, and figure out what works best and what doesn’t
- High integrity and excellent judgment, supported by a point of view that is thought out and communicated well
- An entrepreneurial mindset that enables you to successfully work independently with little guidance, but also to use good judgment and escalate issues when needed
- Ability to develop a nuanced understanding of Slack and our industry, with an eye towards aligning decisions with the bigger picture goals
- Ability to work cross-functionality with different departments
- JD required. California Bar admission in good standing or qualified for and willing to maintain a Registered In-House Counsel status in California
- Eager to chip in wherever and whenever help is needed. Good at building authentic relationships with all kinds of people across many functional teams. Oh, and you should like being a lawyer!
Slack is the collaboration hub of choice for companies of all sizes, all across the world. By using Slack, they ensure that the right people are always in the loop, that key information is always at their fingertips, and new team members can get up to speed easily. With Slack, teams are better connected.
Launched in February 2014, Slack is the fastest growing business application ever and is used by thousands of teams and millions of users every day. We currently have nine offices worldwide, in San Francisco, Vancouver, Dublin, Melbourne, New York, London, Tokyo, Toronto and Denver.
Ensuring a diverse and inclusive workplace where we learn from each other is core to Slack's values. We welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives. We are an equal opportunity employer and a pleasant and supportive place to work. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Come do the best work of your life here at Slack.