Launched in 2014, Slack is now the fastest growing business application ever, and is used by over 8 million people every day around the world. We're on a mission to make people’s working lives simpler, more pleasant, and more productive. We’ve also spent a lot of time creating a welcoming, respectful, and empathetic culture.
We’re excited to add another exceptional voice to our fast-growing content marketing team. Content marketing is a critical driver of growth for Slack’s business, and our writers are an essential part of that strategy, from producing content for our award-winning blog to developing materials that enable our sales team.
- Research and write engaging short- and long-form features for the Slack blog and other Slack outlets. You’ll also have the opportunity to work on significant data-driven projects and multi-channel marketing campaigns.
- Leverage relevant research to understand the needs of our readers and use that data to generate compelling story ideas.
- Develop an expertise across industry trends influencing collaboration, productivity, and organizational transformation.
- Have a self-driven process for reporting and researching and completing work in a timely manner.
- Learn, maintain, and develop the voice of Slack. At Slack we strive to communicate in a way that is clear, concise and human.
- Be a sharp copy editor for your own writing, as well as for others if need be.
- Delight in finding just the right word. And the right emoji.
- 4-6 years of experience developing the highest quality digital content in the form of bylined articles, landing pages, sales enablement materials, ebooks, case studies, SEO content, and more. We’re eager to review your portfolio of bylined writing.
- Ability to balance being editorially ambitious and scrappily opportunistic while pitching stories.
- Exceptional communication, prioritization, and time-management skills. You love deadlines.
- Success working cross-functionally on integrated marketing campaigns or a demonstrated willingness to apply your current skill-set to this type of effort.
- Ability to work independently and globally with colleagues and partners in AMER, EMEA, and APAC.
Slack is the collaboration hub of choice for companies of all sizes, all across the world. By using Slack, they ensure that the right people are always in the loop, that key information is always at their fingertips, and new team members can get up to speed easily. With Slack, teams are better connected.
Launched in February 2014, Slack is the fastest growing business application ever and is used by thousands of teams and millions of users every day. We currently have nine offices worldwide, in San Francisco, Vancouver, Dublin, Melbourne, New York, London, Tokyo, Toronto and Denver.
Ensuring a diverse and inclusive workplace where we learn from each other is core to Slack's values. We welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives. We are an equal opportunity employer and a pleasant and supportive place to work. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Come do the best work of your life here at Slack.