Engineering Manager, Program Management
The Engineering Operations is a team that works on global, cross-functional projects that lie at the heart of building Slack, ensuring we deliver a critical service to millions of daily users. We are seeking an experienced leader to collaboratively define the vision for how Slack Engineering scopes, drives, and delivers on complex projects. You’ll also build the strategy, team, and process to achieve that vision.
As Slack grows, so will our need for repeatable, reliable practices. You will be the champion of predictability across the entire engineering organization. Predictability unlocks creativity, safety, and organizational speed. The work you do will enable these practices from the ground up.
In this role, you will grow, nurture, and lead a diverse team that drives the strategic plans, product performance, and operational improvements to scale engineering at Slack.
- Build and manage a team of program managers.
- Lead the charge on defining an exemplary project management discipline across all of engineering.
- Build a collaborative intake, evaluation, and scoping process to properly prioritize and deploy program management resources across all of engineering.
- Define exemplary execution benchmarks and then set goals against them. Work cross-functionally to define a culture of both monitoring these goals and how we effectively improve them over time.
- Lead and coach a diverse set of technical program managers tasked with the largest, most important, and most complex projects across all of engineering.
- Build the next generation of processes and tooling to manage projects globally at scale.
- Build a diverse team while fostering a collaborative and inclusive environment.
- You have managed a team of exemplary program managers and fostered their growth.
- You are a coach and talent magnet. You have extensive experience building and leading large teams, coaching managers, and developing people.
- You craft a compelling long-term vision and set goals to meet it because you have extensive domain experience in program management.
- You have experience leading diverse teams and running long-term projects in a rapidly growing company.
- You foster inclusive teams in which people are empowered to do the best work of their careers.
- You are a compelling and clear communicator who networks well with your peers to both understand their needs while also representing your own.
Slack is the collaboration hub of choice for companies of all sizes, all across the world. By using Slack, they ensure that the right people are always in the loop, that key information is always at their fingertips, and new team members can get up to speed easily. With Slack, teams are better connected.
Launched in February 2014, Slack is the fastest growing business application ever and is used by thousands of teams and millions of users every day. We currently have nine offices worldwide, in San Francisco, Vancouver, Dublin, Melbourne, New York, London, Tokyo, Toronto and Denver.
Ensuring a diverse and inclusive workplace where we learn from each other is core to Slack's values. We welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives. We are an equal opportunity employer and a pleasant and supportive place to work.
Come do the best work of your life here at Slack.