Senior Product Designer, Search & Discovery
Slack is looking for a Senior Product Designer to join the Search & Discovery team in New York City. We’re working on features that help people find, browse and navigate to the things they need to get their work done.
The ideal designer for this team has experience building products at scale — research, feedback, and experiment data should be critical parts of your toolkit. You may have a history of working in product areas like search, content discovery, personalized recommendations, and assistive tools. You’re comfortable in complex problem spaces, and you do your best work as part of a team.
Designers serve a vital role here, from creating the vision for new features, to the craft and finish of every detail in the product. We appreciate designers who think deeply, speak clearly, and love collaborating across roles and expertise. Slack is a positive, diverse, and supportive culture — if this sounds like a good fit for you, send us a nice hello, and links to your work and experience.
What you will be doing
- You'll drive design vision and strategy, along with Design, Product, and Engineering Leadership.
- You’ll guide, improve, and implement the design process.
- Be an active and available craft mentor for other designers.
- Work cross-functionally with Product and Engineering partners to represent the design team, and give feedback in planning and product channels.
What you should have
- Extensive experience in a leading individual contributor role for a consumer or enterprise product company.
- An outstanding portfolio, showcasing a foundation in Typography, Interaction and Visual Design, and Ideation.
- Experience working and collaborating with diverse teams in a dynamic, rapid growth environment.
- Extensive experience partnering with Product Managers and Engineering to develop the strategy and rationale for features.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Familiarity working with and helping define product metrics and incorporating data into design.
- Must be a self-motivated team player able to work in a small, fast-paced environment without much oversight. You can initiate and drive multiple projects concurrently.
- You love the little big details. You can ensure we ship a well-crafted product at a timely pace.
Slack is a layer of the business technology stack that brings together people, data, and applications – a single place where people can effectively work together, find important information, and access hundreds of thousands of critical applications and services to do their best work. From global Fortune 100 companies to corner markets, businesses and teams of all kinds use Slack to bring the right people together with all the right information. Slack is headquartered in San Francisco, CA and has ten offices around the world. For more information on how Slack makes teams better connected, visit slack.com.
Ensuring a diverse and inclusive workplace where we learn from each other is core to Slack’s values. We welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives. We are an equal opportunity employer and a pleasant and supportive place to work.
Come do the best work of your life here at Slack.