Senior Application Engineer, IT
We’re a small but capable team of Application Engineers in IT that empowers the people at Slack to do their best work. We champion operational excellence by building high-quality slack applications, microservices, as well as testing and monitoring systems that help ensure we deliver a first-in-class system. Our work serves a vital role here and influences teams across the company, including Marketing, Sales, Finance, and HR.
Slack has a positive, diverse and supportive culture—if this sounds like a fit for you, send us a note. We'd love to learn more about you.
- Build and maintain robust slack applications and bots for third-party enterprise systems using best of breed languages, frameworks and tools.
- Design and develop Slack API endpoints to help Slack Business Operations.
- Write scalable tests, release plans and end-user documentation to support our fast-growing organization
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to gather requirements
- Collaborate with peers to write, review and provide feedback on technical design proposals
- 5+ years of experience building enterprise-level development with a focus on performance, scalability and security
- Experience with programming languages that include PHP/Hack, Ruby, Python, Node JS, Go, etc
- Strong computer science fundamentals: algorithms, data structures, distributed systems, and information retrieval
- Familiar with web platform technologies: REST APIs, GraphQL, OAuth, HTTP, Nginx
- Experience in working and collaborating with diverse teams in a dynamic, rapid growth environment using Scrum or Kanban successfully
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills —you effortlessly translate complex technical concepts for a non-technical audience
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering or Information Systems or equivalent experience
- Experience with Workato, Mulesoft or other integration platforms
- Experience with Salesforce, NetSuite, Workday and/or Marketing Cloud
- Experience with databases that include MySQL, Postgres, Hive, and Redis
- Knowledge in large-scale, high-volume systems like Kafka
Slack is the collaboration hub of choice for companies of all sizes, all across the world. By using Slack, they ensure that the right people are always in the loop, that key information is always at their fingertips, and new team members can get up to speed easily. With Slack, teams are better connected.
Launched in February 2014, Slack is the fastest growing business application ever and is used by thousands of teams and millions of users every day. We currently have nine offices worldwide, in San Francisco, Vancouver, Dublin, Melbourne, New York, London, Tokyo, Toronto and Denver.
Ensuring a diverse and inclusive workplace where we learn from each other is core to Slack's values. We welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives. We are an equal opportunity employer and a pleasant and supportive place to work.
Come do the best work of your life here at Slack.