Associate Design Operations Manager
Slack is hiring an Associate Manager, Design Operations as part of our communications design team. You will support the management of driving projects through the creative process by working with designers, writers, marketing managers and other cross functional partners. In this role you will be responsible for running the end-to-end production processes for small to medium-sized design projects within the Slack marketing organization with oversight from the Senior Creative Producer.
What you’ll do:
- Manages design objectives and deliverables for small- to medium-sized marketing programs or campaigns.
- Develops project timelines and ensures adherence to the timeline for overall project completion.
- Proactively communicates project status in a clear and timely manner to Senior Producer and key stakeholders as needed.
- Successfully anticipates project risks and help to resolve before getting too far within a project’s life cycle.
- Works closely with Senior Producer to manage approvals and contract/statement-of-work process for all contractors and freelancers.
- Helps to ensure efficient workflow and handoffs between cross-functional team members.
- Helps to drive internal design review process.
- Assists in keeping various departments informed of relevant details for projects.
- Assists with scheduling and/or planning photo shoots or video shoots as needed.
- Helps with implementing process improvements and is constantly looking for opportunities to improve day-to-day workflow.
What we’re looking for:
- 3+ years producer experience or project management experience in an agency or in-house creative team.
- Highly organized with experience managing small to medium-sized projects with multiple stakeholders and creative outputs.
- A strong sense of resilience in problem solving and presenting workable solutions in situations with multiple and conflicting points of view.
- Strong communicator with excellent speaking, writing and, interpersonal presentation skills.
- Deep understanding of branding, writing, design and the creative process.
- Experience collaborating with external creative agencies, production partners, and freelancers.
- A strong passion for supporting craft excellence while balancing stakeholder needs and deadlines.
- Ability to be successful in a fast-paced, sometimes undefined environment.
- Ability to lead multiple projects at once.
Slack is the collaboration hub of choice for companies of all sizes, all across the world. By using Slack, they ensure that the right people are always in the loop, that key information is always at their fingertips, and new team members can get up to speed easily. With Slack, teams are better connected.
Launched in February 2014, Slack is the fastest growing business application ever and is used by thousands of teams and millions of users every day. We currently have nine offices worldwide, in San Francisco, Vancouver, Dublin, Melbourne, New York, London, Tokyo, Toronto and Denver.
Ensuring a diverse and inclusive workplace where we learn from each other is core to Slack's values. We welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives. We are an equal opportunity employer and a pleasant and supportive place to work. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Come do the best work of your life here at Slack.