General Ledger Accountant
Slack has a positive, diverse, and supportive culture—we look for people who are curious, inventive, and work to be a little better every single day. In our work together we aim to be smart, humble, hardworking and, above all, collaborative. We are looking for a General Ledger Accountant to join our Finance team in Dublin.
As a member of the International Finance team, you will have the opportunity to support our rapidly growing global organization. It goes without saying but we’re an extremely lean team, so your impact will be felt immediately.
Sound interesting? Then come work at Slack, we’re nice! As General Ledger Accountant you will be part of a high performing international accounting team and will be primarily responsible for the accounting functions for the Company’s international entities. The ideal candidate is a team player who is process driven and highly detail-oriented, yet cares about continuous improvement and is always striving to make things better.
- Responsible for the US GAAP month end reporting to tight deadlines
- Perform P&L and Balance Sheet monthly flux analysis at both entity and consolidation level
- Ensure all Balance sheet reconciliations are completed in a timely manner.
- Support corporate accounting from an interim and year-end group audit perspective
- Manage the local statutory audit engagements from audit planning to completion
- Ensure bridging files between local statutory accounts and US GAAP accounts are updated and fully reconcile
- Respond timely to local statutory audit queries
- Assist with the preparation of the local consolidated financial statements
- Support the tax department on international statutory corporation tax returns
- Perform R&D tax credit calculations based on qualifying R&D projects
- Create strong business partnerships and support international managers on finance related issues
- Create strong business partnerships with third party service providers
- Work on process improvements ensuring appropriate controls are in place and processes are fully documented
- Liaise with Corporate on international treasury
- Preparation of monthly international cash funding requirements
- Participate in real time cash reporting and detailed cash management
- Local support for payroll
- Support the tax department regarding sales tax reporting and all other local tax
- compliance requirements
- Assist in the transition to new ERP
- Assist in ad-hoc projects
- Bachelor Degree in Finance, Accounting or similar degree required
- Recognized accounting qualification (ACCA, CIMA, ACA)
- 1-2 years relevant industry experience (post qualification) with large, fast-growing, multi-national company
- US GAAP financial reporting experience
- Excellent team player who is very comfortable working as part of a larger team located in different locations
- Excellent planning, analytical, interpersonal and communication skills
- Organized and thorough with desire for continuous improvement
- Experience of working with multiple legal entities in international jurisdictions
- Experience in managing outsourced accounting functions - eg coordination of statutory
- reporting processes with third-party accounting vendors
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Office and Google Apps
- Experience in Slack platform a plus
- Experience with Workday is preferred
Slack is the collaboration hub of choice for companies of all sizes, all across the world. By using Slack, they ensure that the right people are always in the loop, that key information is always at their fingertips, and new team members can get up to speed easily. With Slack, teams are better connected.
Launched in February 2014, Slack is the fastest growing business application ever and is used by thousands of teams and millions of users every day. We currently have nine offices worldwide, in San Francisco, Vancouver, Dublin, Melbourne, New York, London, Tokyo, Toronto and Denver.
Ensuring a diverse and inclusive workplace where we learn from each other is core to Slack's values. We welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives. We are an equal opportunity employer and a pleasant and supportive place to work.
Come do the best work of your life here at Slack.