Director of Content Marketing
Slack is seeking a strategic editorial leader to join our fast-growing content marketing team. Content marketing is a critical driver of growth for Slack’s global business and this job will be at the center of that effort. The position is based in San Francisco.
You will develop highly targeted content for our award-winning blog, mentor and manage talented writers and editors, and leverage audience analytics to make the Slack content experience ever more relevant and useful. You’ll come with a track record of creating high-quality content that drives demonstrated value for both the audience and the business.
- Own our organic search-driven content strategy from ideation to execution.
- Work closely with our growing team of editors and writers to continuously improve the quality, reach and overall impact of our content.
- Maintain high standards for storytelling and craftsmanship.
- Create scalable editorial processes in close collaboration with other team leaders.
- Collaborate closely with Marketing teammates and cross-functional partners to inform the product roadmap for our CMS.
- A body of exceptional editorial work as a writer or editor, as well as the demonstrated ability to teach others to achieve same. There will be an editing test.
- Hands-on management experience leading diverse teams of writers and editors with energy and empathy.
- Significant experience using organic search (SEO) best practices as a primary traffic acquisition channel.
- Demonstrated ability to build structured quantitative and qualitative analyses around content performance goals.
- A track record of working cross-functionally, especially with product, design and engineering.
- Ability to provide significant professional development to direct reports with broad levels of tenure, from new grads to industry veterans.
- Can confidently toggle between strategic, tactical and adaptive leadership.
Slack is the collaboration hub of choice for companies of all sizes, all across the world. By using Slack, they ensure that the right people are always in the loop, that key information is always at their fingertips, and new team members can get up to speed easily. With Slack, teams are better connected.
Launched in February 2014, Slack is the fastest growing business application ever and is used by thousands of teams and millions of users every day. We currently have nine offices worldwide, in San Francisco, Vancouver, Dublin, Melbourne, New York, London, Tokyo, Toronto and Denver.
Ensuring a diverse and inclusive workplace where we learn from each other is core to Slack's values. We welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives. We are an equal opportunity employer and a pleasant and supportive place to work. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Come do the best work of your life here at Slack.