Slack is hiring a Researcher to work with our Research and Analytics team in San Francisco. You will build and oversee research programs that allow the team to efficiently scale, with the goal of providing product teams access to customer research in order to inform product decisions. Programs include anything from Rolling Research, which provides usability support to teams across Slack, to managing councils that enable us to talk with hard-to-reach audiences. This is an exciting role that will give you exposure and experience working with various product teams, opportunities to do primary research, as well as opportunities to build relationships with and work with various vendors. You will also partner with senior researchers across the organization.
The Research & Analytics team aims to improve product value throughout the customer experience by understanding the how and why of team workflows, communication processes and cultures. We provide data at every stage of the product development cycle. In addition to conducting a variety of practical and impactful research, you're building and maintaining the strong user-centered culture at Slack.
Slack has a positive, diverse, and supportive culture—we look for people who are curious, inventive, and work to be a little better every single day. In our work together we aim to be smart, humble, hardworking and, above all, collaborative. If this sounds like a good fit for you, why not say hello?
What you’ll be doing
- Gather and prioritize key questions from Product, Design, Engineering, and Marketing teams
- Maintain current programs, such as Rolling Research, as well as develop new ones as needs arise
- Partner with senior researchers to capture insights about customers and prospects from a variety of research methods
- Analyze qualitative and quantitative data and convey those insights to the appropriate people in an engaging and actionable manner
- Be an internal evangelist for customer and product research
What you should have
- Masters or Ph.D. in Human-Computer Interaction, Sociology, Psychology, Information Science, Computer Science (or similar), or equivalent experience
- 2-5 years of industry experience*
- Experience with usability testing
- Proven experience as a highly effective collaborator, communicator, and project manager
- Willingness to get your hands dirty
* Through trial and error we've learned that people don't apply unless we provide a guideline. But what’s more important to us than a number are the experiences you’ve had, and the skills you’ve developed, regardless of the length of time it took you to get where you are. Have 20+ years? Awesome, please apply. Have only 2 years, but feel you meet the requirements above? Great, please apply.
Slack is the collaboration hub of choice for companies of all sizes, all across the world. By using Slack, they ensure that the right people are always in the loop, that key information is always at their fingertips, and new team members can get up to speed easily. With Slack, teams are better connected.
Launched in February 2014, Slack is the fastest growing business application ever and is used by thousands of teams and millions of users every day. We currently have nine offices worldwide, in San Francisco, Vancouver, Dublin, Melbourne, New York, London, Tokyo, Toronto and Denver.
Ensuring a diverse and inclusive workplace where we learn from each other is core to Slack's values. We welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives. We are an equal opportunity employer and a pleasant and supportive place to work. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Come do the best work of your life here at Slack.