Business Strategy Summer 2019 Intern
Our team works on global, cross-functional projects that are at the heart of what we do at Slack. As a member of the team, you will deliver insights that drive decision making, execution and investments for our most critical initiatives. The role will be responsible for driving internal strategic plans, analyzing business performance and implementing strategic and operational improvements to scale the business. Success requires analytical savvy, problem-solving sophistication and a drive to make the highest impact possible. We are looking for someone that can think on their feet and thrives in a fast-paced environment.
Sound interesting? Then come work at Slack, we’re nice! :)
- Work with our leadership team to drive strategic planning and prioritization
- Partner with cross-functional teams to drive seamless execution of global initiatives, such as the definition and rollout of our international plan
- Own the end-to-end process: create work plans, synthesize relevant data, lead analyses and develop final recommendations
- Communicate solutions confidently and effectively across Slack
- Build a consultative relationship across the organization, and meet with potential strategic partners that align with our highest priorities
- Be personable, approachable and able to connect with the team and throughout the business
- 3 to 5 years of experience at a high-performing technology company or management consulting; enterprise experience strongly preferred
- Advanced problem solving skills, deep analytical ability (including data modeling or SQL) and business acumen
- Experience dealing with unstructured business issues and successfully leading teams to resolve these issues
- Ability to build clear and concise presentations, and communicate effectively with managers and executives
- Strong project management skills
- BA/BS degree
- 1st year MBA student
Slack is the collaboration hub of choice for companies of all sizes, all across the world. By using Slack, they ensure that the right people are always in the loop, that key information is always at their fingertips, and new team members can get up to speed easily. With Slack, teams are better connected.
Launched in February 2014, Slack is the fastest growing business application ever and is used by thousands of teams and millions of users every day. We currently have nine offices worldwide, in San Francisco, Vancouver, Dublin, Melbourne, New York, London, Tokyo, Toronto and Denver.
Ensuring a diverse and inclusive workplace where we learn from each other is core to Slack's values. We welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives. We are an equal opportunity employer and a pleasant and supportive place to work. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Come do the best work of your life here at Slack.