Director, Partner Engineering
We’re looking for a Director of Partner Engineering to further develop and lead the global team that works side-by-side with the largest enterprise software companies and next-generation leaders to build great solutions for our mutual customers.
You will be responsible for overall team leadership and development while also working with key strategic partners like Amazon, Google, Workday, and Salesforce. Our Partner Engineering team works directly with partner teams as they build apps on our platform, from defining integration use cases to how it interacts with our APIs. You and your team will work side-by-side with our BD team in developing new and growing existing relationships. You will advocate for our developer ecosystem’s needs internally, collaborate closely with platform product and engineering teams to set roadmaps and define new features, and work with our go-to-market business development and solutions engineering teams to ensure Slack takes a coordinated approach to the market.
Partner engineering leadership requires proven leadership and team building success, a deep technical background, and clear communication and relationship development skills. You love building successful teams, helping people solve problems, and speaking at events.
- Develop and lead Slack’s growing global team of Partner Engineers.
- Drive successful adoption of Slack’s platform by developers through direct interaction, team interactions with partners and broader advocacy at conferences and events.
- Advocate for developers internally and collaborate with Slack product, engineering, and other colleagues to build new features, improve the platform, and grow the app ecosystem.
- Work with our largest partners on crafting the best possible experiences for joint users; be an authority on Slack’s platform capabilities and app design patterns.
- Ensure the team and developers are supported through coordination with broader Developer Relations on standard methodologies, code samples, documentation, and tools.
- 10+ years of partner/sales engineering, software engineering, or developer advocacy experience
- 5+ years in management and teams of 20+ engineers
- Proven technical underpinnings, both operational and design of APIs, tokens, security issues
- Excellent interpersonal skills; you can explain a complex technical issue in such a way that most people could understand
- Consistent track record in successfully launching major products and programs with large scale strategic partners
- Experience leading product development efforts with large scale enterprise companies
- Experience working with leaders across functions (business development, product, engineering, design, and marketing)
- Passionate about Slack, our platform, and the problems we are solving
Slack is the collaboration hub of choice for companies of all sizes, all across the world. By using Slack, they ensure that the right people are always in the loop, that key information is always at their fingertips, and new team members can get up to speed easily. With Slack, teams are better connected.
Launched in February 2014, Slack is the fastest growing business application ever and is used by thousands of teams and millions of users every day. We currently have nine offices worldwide, in San Francisco, Vancouver, Dublin, Melbourne, New York, London, Tokyo, Toronto and Denver.
Ensuring a diverse and inclusive workplace where we learn from each other is core to Slack's values. We welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives. We are an equal opportunity employer and a pleasant and supportive place to work. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Come do the best work of your life here at Slack.