Senior Manager, Developer Support
At Slack, our mission is to make people’s working lives simpler, more pleasant and more productive. We have a healthy roster of high-profile companies that rely on Slack for their day-to-day work, and we want to provide them with the best service possible. One of Slack's most powerful and defining features is its platform for integrating with many of the other services our customers know and love, as well as the custom software unique to their own company. Slack allows teams to not only communicate with one another, but to interact with everything else in their productivity toolchain, all in one place.
As the Senior Manager for Developer Support, you will serve as a strategist, coach, and leader to our global team of agents responsible for supporting developers using our API, whether they are building highly-customized integrations with their team's internal tools or integrating third-party services to make Slack even more useful. You won’t shy away from getting into the details yourself and take pride in answering difficult, technical requests from customers. You might even build an app or two. This is an exciting time for Slack and our platform. You’ll play an important role in growing and developing this team to deliver on Slack’s mission and to provide exceptional customer service to the developers making Slack the powerful collaboration hub that it is.
We consider Customer Experience essential to Slack’s success. Taking this job is an opportunity to do the best work of your life and support others in doing the same. Interested in joining us?
- Lead and collaboratively develop a vision for supporting our developers and partners.
- Design a framework for the services we offer to our largest customers and most strategic partners, working alongside our Sales, Customer Success, and Platform teams.
- Work with our regional management teams to forecast, hire, retain, and support a global team that loves coming to work every single day.
- Provide personalized and proactive support to guide and empower all members of the Developer Support team, including recruiting and hiring talented people managers.
- Develop relationships across the entire organization at Slack to influence others in aiming for the best customer experience possible.
- Lead change effectively using strategies that honor the mission and culture of the global Customer Experience team.
- Define, implement, and monitor key metrics that ensure the future sustainability and quality of the developer support experiences.
- Motivate and empower your entire team to reach ambitious goals.
- You have experience building, leading, and running a support team that cares deeply about the success of its customers.
- You have a deep understanding of the software development cycle and use that knowledge to inform customer support program design.
- You have a genuine interest in the happiness, well-being, and success of everyone on your team.
- You have experience collaborating with peers and forming agreement across teams.
- You understand web services, including transport (primarily HTTP), common data formats (e.g. JSON), and standard API patterns (e.g. REST).
- You identify areas where resources fall short of needs and provide thoughtful and sustainable solutions to benefit the team.
- You are skilled at explaining technical problems succinctly and clearly.
- You are a strong, confident, and exacting writer and speaker. You communicate your vision and roadmap effectively to a wide variety of stakeholders
- You can work with us at our headquarters in San Francisco.
- You have prior experience supporting a SaaS-based web application.
- You can write code in at least one language to gather data from web services and use it for your own purposes.
Slack is the collaboration hub of choice for companies of all sizes, all across the world. By using Slack, they ensure that the right people are always in the loop, that key information is always at their fingertips, and new team members can get up to speed easily. With Slack, teams are better connected.
Launched in February 2014, Slack is the fastest growing business application ever and is used by thousands of teams and millions of users every day. We currently have nine offices worldwide, in San Francisco, Vancouver, Dublin, Melbourne, New York, London, Tokyo, Toronto and Denver.
Ensuring a diverse and inclusive workplace where we learn from each other is core to Slack's values. We welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives. We are an equal opportunity employer and a pleasant and supportive place to work. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Come do the best work of your life here at Slack.