Slack is looking for an experienced, driven, and talented Payroll Analyst to be a key member in the Accounting department. You will help contribute to the growth of the global payroll team. This position reports to the Global Payroll Manager and supports the continued growth of Slack. Our ideal candidate is ready to jump into a fast-paced environment, adapt to change, and is a self-starter. As a member of the Business Operations team, you will have the opportunity to help drive new initiatives and support our rapidly growing global organization! Sound interesting? Come work at Slack, we’re nice!
- Prepare and process semi-monthly full cycle US and Canada payrolls; including but not limited to, garnishments, benefits, taxes and off-cycle requests while ensuring compliance with tax regulations.
- Ensure the accuracy of payroll, including but not limited to: base pay, bonuses, stock compensation, commissions, payroll taxes, employee changes, new hires, 401K, garnishments, and other deductions.
- Establish/maintain employee records; ensure that employee changes are entered correctly, made on a timely basis and review changes for proper authorization.
- Monitor the administration of the electronic timekeeping system. Setup each employee, validate employee's changes, monitor submissions of approved timesheets.
- Gather international payroll data monthly and upload to various payroll vendors
- Review payrolls from Ireland, UK, Australia and Japan
- Partner with our People Operations Team on all matters involving employees compensation, benefits and disability payments, including 401(k) contributions and funding.
- Assist in other HR and accounting duties as applicable.
- BA/BS in Accounting or Finance.
- 2+ years experience processing payroll (inclusive of payroll processing across multiple states/sites and business units).
- International Payroll experiences a plus
- Excellent skills using Workday and Microsoft Excel.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and exercise extreme discretion.
- Excellent problem solving/judgment skills, and high level of attention to detail and accuracy.
- Strong communication and organizational skills, and the ability to work under pressure.
- Ability to handle and prioritize multiple tasks and meet all deadlines.
Slack is the collaboration hub of choice for companies of all sizes, all across the world. By using Slack, they ensure that the right people are always in the loop, that key information is always at their fingertips, and new team members can get up to speed easily. With Slack, teams are better connected.
Launched in February 2014, Slack is the fastest growing business application ever and is used by thousands of teams and millions of users every day. We currently have nine offices worldwide, in San Francisco, Vancouver, Dublin, Melbourne, New York, London, Tokyo, Toronto and Denver.
Ensuring a diverse and inclusive workplace where we learn from each other is core to Slack's values. We welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives. We are an equal opportunity employer and a pleasant and supportive place to work. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Come do the best work of your life here at Slack.