Program Manager - Site Reliability Engineering
About the Team
Slack is seeking an experienced Program Manager to drive technical programs for engineering teams. In this role, as you possess a strong technical background and drive these solutions, you will partner with developers and managers.
You understand the benefits of moving quickly and enjoy teaming up with engineers to solve hard problems. You are a harmonizer who can drive alignment across functions. You thrive when given the chance to design systems and process that facilitate efficient collaboration and execution. You have experience collecting product and technical requirements for complex projects that span multiple teams.
We are a small team making a large impact. We rapidly integrate and develop standard methodologies.
- You are the hub to connect and deliver the programs to drive Slack’s response and reliability.
- You plan and execute high value cross-team meetings.
- You actively drive process improvements across multiple functions within the team.
- You design policies, process, and systems that facilitate scaling and growth.
- Provide hands-on project management during analysis, design, development, testing, release, and post release phases.
- Build and maintain timelines, project plans, and communication artifacts to ensure everyone is operating from the most recent and accurate information.
- Reduce risk by tracking dependencies and surfacing impediments.
- Partner with Engineering Operations to review the overall Incident and Event Management Policies and Process.
- Work with various partners in the organization to build requirements and identify gaps in documents and runbooks.
- Manage RCA process and follow-on action items as programs. Ensure follow-up and delivery.
- Run and report metrics around SLAs, MTTx and other core KPIs for the team.
- Oversee programs and projects within SRE to deliver next level tooling for Slack (put in wording regarding security).
- Partner with tech leads in facilitation of the development of strategic technical projects.
- At least 4 years leading planning, resource management, project lifecycles, and workflows in a dynamic product or engineering organization.
- Strong verbal and written interpersonal skills, with sufficient level of technical capability to effectively communicate with engineers and identify technical risks.
- Ability to work independently and communicate across multiple time zones.
- Excellent organizational and interpersonal/social skills, and experience handling activities across multiple teams.
- Consistent track record of delivering complex technical projects and programs with multi-functional teams.
Slack is the collaboration hub of choice for companies of all sizes, all across the world. By using Slack, they ensure that the right people are always in the loop, that key information is always at their fingertips, and new team members can get up to speed easily. With Slack, teams are better connected.
Launched in February 2014, Slack is the fastest growing business application ever and is used by thousands of teams and millions of users every day. We currently have nine offices worldwide, in San Francisco, Vancouver, Dublin, Melbourne, New York, London, Tokyo, Toronto and Denver.
Ensuring a diverse and inclusive workplace where we learn from each other is core to Slack's values. We welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives. We are an equal opportunity employer and a pleasant and supportive place to work. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Come do the best work of your life here at Slack.