Engineering Manager - Quality
Engineering Manager - Quality
Slack is looking for an experienced Quality Assurance Manager to join our growing team of manual and automated engineers. A qualified candidate would appreciate the importance of both automated and manual testing and have experience creating a strategy, building a team and ensuring a high-quality application.
This team is responsible for building and maintaining our automated testing infrastructure as well as manual testing , adding regression and acceptance tests, as well as helping educate the application and frontend engineers on best practices.
- Lead a team of highly experienced and talented quality engineers who build modern testing solutions across multiple platforms and the cloud.
- Drive the team’s automated feature and performance testing efforts and strategies.
- Streamline the analysis and reporting of automated test results across all platforms to help ensure the delivery of the highest quality software in a rapid delivery environment.
- Partner closely with each product team to evaluate and analyze existing systems and build a multi-year roadmap for all aspects of automated testing and code coverage for all surfaces.
- Cultivate a diverse and creative environment that helps challenge and strengthen the team and those around you.
- Anticipate issues, suggest solutions, and partner with fellow managers to provide the team with the best opportunities for success
- Manage multiple concurrent projects while effectively solving problems that cross product boundaries.
- Balance the constant demands between features, schedule and quality.
- Ensure full quality coverage within your area of ownership: organize, coordinate, assign responsibilities; report audit results; work with third party test vendors
- Represent the QA engineering team in planning and cross-functional product meetings
- Meet with the rest of the engineering management team to align engineering-wide priorities
- Conduct weekly 1:1 meetings with the QA team on topics ranging from project progress and internal process to career development and general happiness
- Set and fulfill QA hiring plan for the team, including sourcing, screening, and interviewing
- Collaborate with cross-functional QA managers, implement effective quality processes, setting quarterly goals and policies
- Manage quality career progression and implement development plans that keeps people motivated and engaged.
- Ability to champion quality practices within a team or within the organization
- Leadership skills with a proven track record as manager, team lead or mentor
- Strong organizational and time management skills. This role necessitates solid project management skills
- Familiarity with usability, accessibility, and localization testing
- Experience with bug tracking, project management and continuous integration tools
- Improvisation and flexibility. Standard QA processes won’t always work at Slack. Bring your bag of tricks
- This is a communication heavy role. You possess exceptional written and verbal communication skills
Slack is where work happens. It connects you with the people and apps you work with every day, no matter where you are or what you do. We believe everyone deserves to work in a welcoming, respectful, and empathetic culture. We live by our values and hire accordingly.
Launched in February 2014, Slack is the fastest growing business application ever and is used by thousands of teams and millions of users every day. Slack's investors include many of the best-recognized firms in the world, including Accel Partners, Andreessen Horowitz, Social+Capital, KPCB, Google Ventures, Horizons Ventures, IVP, Spark Growth, DST, and Index Ventures. We currently have five offices worldwide, in San Francisco, Vancouver, Dublin, Melbourne and New York.
Slack is the collaboration hub of choice for companies of all sizes, all across the world. By using Slack, they ensure that the right people are always in the loop, that key information is always at their fingertips, and new team members can get up to speed easily. With Slack, teams are better connected.
Launched in February 2014, Slack is the fastest growing business application ever and is used by thousands of teams and millions of users every day. We currently have nine offices worldwide, in San Francisco, Vancouver, Dublin, Melbourne, New York, London, Tokyo, Toronto and Denver.
Ensuring a diverse and inclusive workplace where we learn from each other is core to Slack's values. We welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives. We are an equal opportunity employer and a pleasant and supportive place to work. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Come do the best work of your life here at Slack.