Content Strategist, User Education
The Customer Experience Products team is essential to the company's success. We’re committed to helping our customers learn Slack through innovative and delightful support and education experiences — our team’s mission is to help people everywhere discover the power of Slack. We have a fantastic roster of companies that rely on Slack for their day-to-day communication, and our team works hard to ensure that we provide world class one-to-many customer experiences.
Slack is looking for a Content Strategist to join the User Education team. This team builds interactive learning programs to give everyone the tools they need to transform the way they work using Slack. You’ll be writing compelling new curriculum and improving existing content.
Our ideal candidate will have a talent for explaining complex concepts simply and succinctly, be able to think about user education both strategically and innovatively, and have a demonstrable handle on adult learning theory. They’ll have a passion for writing engaging content, and work with team members across our organization to design unique learning experiences that meet the needs of a variety of audiences.
- Develop and execute the content strategy for a brand new, web-based learning program at Slack
- Design an information architecture that successfully guides customers through their learning journeys
- Identify and prioritize new learning content needs for customers through a combination of user research and partnership with customer-facing teams
- Write and produce training materials that are interactive, innovative, delightful, and effective
- Measure effectiveness of content and generate insights based on user behavior and optimize learning experiences accordingly
- Keep all training content up to date and ensure content aligns to the product roadmap
- Work with cross-functional partners in design, product, engineering, web, and customer success in order to identify the right content, and bring it to life
- Work closely with other members of the Customer Experience team to ensure that customers get the best support experience possible
- You have substantial experience writing, managing, and facilitating curriculum in online spaces. You know how to do it well.
- You have a demonstrable handle on adult learning theory.
- You’re a strong, confident, and exacting instructional designer. You know which decisions will produce the engagement and retention for adult learners.
- You’re a talented, experienced writer with a keen eye for content design. You can make any lengthy, rambling document concise and human-friendly.
- You’re naturally curious, love learning new things, and are proactive in sharing knowledge with others.
- You possess a strong sense of urgency in driving projects to completion.
- You’re excited about the opportunity to design new learning experiences, have an experimentation mindset, and aren’t afraid to try new things.
- You work well with others, especially those who think differently from you.
- You know when something is over your head and aren’t afraid to ask for help.
- You have an interest in measuring the effectiveness of content and in making data-informed improvements.
- Minimum 2 years writing educational content for software products
- College degree or equivalent professional experience preferred
- Basic knowledge of HTML and CSS
- Light image editing skills
Slack is the collaboration hub of choice for companies of all sizes, all across the world. By using Slack, they ensure that the right people are always in the loop, that key information is always at their fingertips, and new team members can get up to speed easily. With Slack, teams are better connected.
Launched in February 2014, Slack is the fastest growing business application ever and is used by thousands of teams and millions of users every day. We currently have nine offices worldwide, in San Francisco, Vancouver, Dublin, Melbourne, New York, London, Tokyo, Toronto and Denver.
Ensuring a diverse and inclusive workplace where we learn from each other is core to Slack's values. We welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives. We are an equal opportunity employer and a pleasant and supportive place to work.
Come do the best work of your life here at Slack.