Program Management Summer 2019 Intern
Slack is seeking an intern to join our Program Management team for the summer of 2019. At Slack, program managers work across the company, leading programs and projects that drive our growth and enable our ability to scale. As a member of the team, you will focus on the tools and processes we need to successfully execute strategic initiatives across the company.
Working within our diverse, experienced team of program managers, you will help build the foundation for our growing team. This will include doing research and discovery about the needs of various teams within Slack, learning how our program management team currently delivers projects, and defining the ideal processes for project delivery across the company.
Your work will include working with a variety of teams across Slack, engaging with business leaders to understand how they work best -- and how program management can best support their work to achieve their strategic goals. You will define innovative, sustainable processes that will help us scale our work, drive efficiency, and lead to a more enjoyable work experience for your colleagues.
- Love ambiguity
- Have strong organizational skills and be deadline driven
- Be equally excited by executing the details as well as mapping out strategic goals
- Possess familiarity with basic project and program management methodologies and tools
- Have experience working with stakeholders across an organization
- Have exceedingly strong communication skills, both written and verbal, with a passion for distilling complex ideas in easy to understand ways
- Curiosity about how things work and dedication to continuous improvement
- Empathy for business partners and the drive to help them achieve their goals
- Commitment to learning from others that equals a passion for sharing what you’ve learned
- Prior experience that demonstrates your abilities as a program manager, consultant or in a related job
- Passion for delivering on Slack’s mission within the company
- Currently enrolled in a Master’s Degree program
- Must be graduating Spring 2020 (or later) and targeting full-time employment for the summer or fall of 2020
Slack is the collaboration hub of choice for companies of all sizes, all across the world. By using Slack, they ensure that the right people are always in the loop, that key information is always at their fingertips, and new team members can get up to speed easily. With Slack, teams are better connected.
Launched in February 2014, Slack is the fastest growing business application ever and is used by thousands of teams and millions of users every day. We currently have nine offices worldwide, in San Francisco, Vancouver, Dublin, Melbourne, New York, London, Tokyo, Toronto and Denver.
Ensuring a diverse and inclusive workplace where we learn from each other is core to Slack's values. We welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives. We are an equal opportunity employer and a pleasant and supportive place to work. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Come do the best work of your life here at Slack.