Customer trust is paramount at Slack. Our Privacy and Data Governance team is responsible for developing and evolving the policies and processes that help ensure that privacy is top of mind for all teams at Slack, that our customers data is protected, that customers have what the tools and information they need to meet their compliance obligations. We are looking for a Privacy Analyst to join our Privacy and Data Governance team in Dublin.
You will need to be passionate about privacy, technology policy, data governance, and maintaining customer confidence and trust. New questions and scenarios arise every single day, you will be an agile problem solver who can help create policies that will scale with our business and technology. You should also be comfortable with legal policy frameworks and possess enough technical knowledge to answer detailed customer questions. Sound interesting? Come work at Slack! We're nice people.
Slack has a positive, diverse, and supportive culture—we look for people who are curious, inventive, and work to be a little better every single day. In our work together we aim to be smart, humble, hardworking and, above all, collaborative. If this sounds like a good fit for you, why not say hello?
What you will be doing
- You will manage operations support for sensitive policy, privacy and data protection questions from customers
- Act as a point of contact and escalation path for our Customer Experience team, helping them navigate complex policy, privacy and data protection issues
- Partner with the European sales team to answer privacy, policy and data protection questions
- Develop training material for Customer Experience policy specialists and for European Sales teams on privacy and data protection issues impacting Slack
- Partner with internal teams such as Legal, Security, Sales and Customer Experience to identify privacy issues, propose solutions and translate practices into official procedures.
- Support sales by participating in customer meetings to explain and demonstrate Slack’s commitment to protecting customer data and compliance with EU laws, including the General Data Protection Regulation
- Assist with government and law enforcement requests for data coming from Europe
What you should have
- Experience in global technology privacy and/or policy
- Excellent communicator with great interpersonal and presentation skills
- Ability to lead through influence in a cross-functional work environment
- BA degree required. JD, MPP, CIPP or other advanced degree or certification not required but useful
- Proficiency in French, German or other European languages preferred
- Ability to be flexible and adaptive
- You already have deep understanding of Slack
Slack is the collaboration hub of choice for companies of all sizes, all across the world. By using Slack, they ensure that the right people are always in the loop, that key information is always at their fingertips, and new team members can get up to speed easily. With Slack, teams are better connected.
Launched in February 2014, Slack is the fastest growing business application ever and is used by thousands of teams and millions of users every day. We currently have nine offices worldwide, in San Francisco, Vancouver, Dublin, Melbourne, New York, London, Tokyo, Toronto and Denver.
Ensuring a diverse and inclusive workplace where we learn from each other is core to Slack's values. We welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives. We are an equal opportunity employer and a pleasant and supportive place to work.
Come do the best work of your life here at Slack.