Group Program Manager, Strategic Planning
Have you led operations or strategic/business planning in a high growth environment?
Does the thought of making something out of nothing and bringing structure to an organization get you excited?
Then we’re looking for you! We need an experienced Group Program Manager of Strategic Planning to lead and continue building the strategic planning team. You will report to the Senior Director of Program Management and join a small, high-performing, fast-paced team and will lead and mentor the team of program managers that focus across the entire Slack organization on strategic planning.
You will be highly organized, poised, and able to thrive in high-pressure, time-sensitive scenarios and believes in the power of collaboration to drive superior results on teams.
What you will be doing
- Lead and mentor a team of program managers tasked with program and project execution in support of strategic planning and cross functional teams.
- Design and drive planning activities with the primary objective of enabling leadership to make effective, analytically-driven and strategic operating decisions to drive growth, including medium/long-term planning (strategic, operational and financial) focused on market opportunity sizing, product & capability focus, and resourcing.
- Develop strong collaboration with key stakeholders and cross-functional teams across the company, including leading task forces on major initiatives and fully represent the cross functional teams.
- Collaborate with other cross-functional teams to understand the operational and resource requirements of potential projects and build consensus with necessary partners
- Partner with team leadership to define and measure progress towards business goals
What you should have
- 10+ years consulting or similar program/project management experience leading complex projects
- Program Management leadership experience, able to lead multiple time-sensitive, cross-functional projects across a global cross-functional team
- Experience engaging with executives
- Experience working in global cross-functional teams
- Communicator with analytical skills
- BA/BS degree
Slack has a positive, diverse, and supportive culture—we look for people who are curious, inventive, and work to be a little better every single day. In our work together we aim to be smart, humble, hardworking and, above all, collaborative. If this sounds like a good fit for you, why not say hello?
Slack is the collaboration hub of choice for companies of all sizes, all across the world. By using Slack, they ensure that the right people are always in the loop, that key information is always at their fingertips, and new team members can get up to speed easily. With Slack, teams are better connected.
Launched in February 2014, Slack is the fastest growing business application ever and is used by thousands of teams and millions of users every day. We currently have nine offices worldwide, in San Francisco, Vancouver, Dublin, Melbourne, New York, London, Tokyo, Toronto and Denver.
Ensuring a diverse and inclusive workplace where we learn from each other is core to Slack's values. We welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives. We are an equal opportunity employer and a pleasant and supportive place to work. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Come do the best work of your life here at Slack.