Engineering Manager, Lifecycle Growth
Slack is seeking an Engineering Manager to lead our Growth engineering team whose mission is to help Retail Slack teams discover and seamlessly purchase the best Slack product for their organization. We are a data-driven engineering team who puts experimentation at the forefront to drive free to paid user conversation. In this role, you will need to meld creative product thinking, a thirst for understanding people from a variety of backgrounds, and thoughtful use of data in order to build a compelling customer experience.
You’ll lead a hardworking team of frontend and backend engineers while growing out your team through recruiting efforts. We need someone who understands the value of career development and can help propel the team forward by facilitating psychologically safe discussions around: project progress, process improvements, mentorship, and general satisfaction. You should be well-versed in full-stack design principles and be able to give advice on code architecture and implementation.
We partner with Product, Product Marketing, Design, Data Analytics and Engineering, and will be required to make prioritization and allocation decisions to achieve our company-wide goals.
Some of the things you’ll do:
- Define and fulfill the engineering hiring plan for the team, including screening and interviewing.
- Prioritize and allocate project work to your team of engineers.
- Represent the team in planning and product meetings.
- Collaborate with the rest of the engineering management team to align engineering-wide priorities.
- Help implement effective engineering processes and policies.
- Represent Slack engineering and management at industry events.
- You have 3+ years of engineering management experience leading productive, high-functioning teams. You can describe why these teams were high functioning and what you specifically did to ensure engineers felt productive.
- You have a bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering or related field, or equivalent training, fellowship, or work experience.
- You thrive in rapid-paced environments and have experience with experimentation.
- You can anticipate future technical needs for the product and craft plans to realize them.
- You excel at building roadmaps and can develop a long-term team vision in partnership with other engineering teams at Slack. You can then be accountable for driving project execution.
- You love helping engineers develop new skills and advance in their careers. You don’t shy away from performance conversations and you recognize the relationship between objective feedback and career growth.
Slack is the collaboration hub of choice for companies of all sizes, all across the world. By using Slack, they ensure that the right people are always in the loop, that key information is always at their fingertips, and new team members can get up to speed easily. With Slack, teams are better connected.
Launched in February 2014, Slack is the fastest growing business application ever and is used by thousands of teams and millions of users every day. We currently have nine offices worldwide, in San Francisco, Vancouver, Dublin, Melbourne, New York, London, Tokyo, Toronto and Denver.
Ensuring a diverse and inclusive workplace where we learn from each other is core to Slack's values. We welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives. We are an equal opportunity employer and a pleasant and supportive place to work. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Come do the best work of your life here at Slack.