Director of Global Sales Strategy & Operations
The Director of Global Sales Strategy & Operations supports Sales Leadership in every aspect of the design and execution of sales go-to-market strategy. This leader will become the “go-to” problem solver and thought partner for the SVP of Sales & Customer Success, delivering recurring operational execution alongside dynamic project work. This leader will be responsible for development of regional sales strategy teams, building a strong global operating rhythm of planning, execution and performance review. This leader will consistently deliver a balance of data-driven and experience-driven insights and recommendations to executive leadership.The right candidate possesses domain expertise of Enterprise SaaS business models, particularly connection points between sales, marketing and product.
As a key leader on the Sales Business Operations team, the Director of Global Sales Strategy & Operations will have a critical impact to the inner workings of our rapidly growing sales organization, and the strategies, processes and systems that support its growth. The ability to present data-driven narratives and influence leadership is very important in this role.
Slack has a positive, diverse, and supportive culture—we look for people who are curious, inventive, and work to be a little better every single day. In our work together we aim to be smart, humble, hardworking and, above all, collaborative. If this sounds like a good fit for you, why not say hello?
What you will be doing
- Leverage best in class sales strategy & planning techniques to support leadership in maximizing sales coverage, effectiveness and efficiency of Slack’s direct sales model
- Deliver recurring cadence of high impact data-driven insights and metrics reporting to sales leadership and BizOps leadership
- Support leadership in understanding pipeline, forecasts and other KPIs that flow through a range of sales leaders and market segments
- Lead and continue to build a world class sales strategy & operations team
- Drive X-functional initiatives and alignment between sales leadership and critical partners like marketing, finance, product, revenue operations, IT
What you should have
- 10+ Years relevant experience operating or consulting with SaaS sales organizations
- Experienced leader, who has coached and managed other managers and leaders
- Experience in building and managing remote teams preferred
- Craft powerful long and short-term team vision with pragmatic goals and objectives
- Aptitude for framing complex business problems and translating into analyses and recommendations to inform decision-making
- Ability to quickly understand new business models, conduct analysis directly to diagnose opportunities and derive insights
- Measured, clear, and concise communication & presentation skills
- Experience leading large projects and large cross-functional teams
- Client service oriented and ability to partner with all levels and functions
- Expertise in Salesforce, Excel, PowerPoint & Gsuite is preferred
Slack is a layer of the business technology stack that brings together people, data, and applications – a single place where people can effectively work together, find important information, and access hundreds of thousands of critical applications and services to do their best work. From global Fortune 100 companies to corner markets, businesses and teams of all kinds use Slack to bring the right people together with all the right information. Slack is headquartered in San Francisco, CA and has ten offices around the world. For more information on how Slack makes teams better connected, visit slack.com.
Ensuring a diverse and inclusive workplace where we learn from each other is core to Slack’s values. We welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives. We are an equal opportunity employer and a pleasant and supportive place to work.
Come do the best work of your life here at Slack.