We’re excited to add another exceptional Editor to our fast-growing content marketing team. Content marketing is a critical driver of growth for Slack’s business, and our editors are an essential part of that strategy. They set the vision for our award-winning blog, manage the end-to-end editorial workflow in a highly collaborative environment, generate data-driven insights to improve content, and much, much more.
- Edit individual articles and related content assets with a high degree of visibility and interactivity with internal and external partners. You’ll work across a truly diverse range of digital content, including SEO-friendly blog posts, product tips, customer stories, case studies, ebooks, guides, landing pages, video scripts and other content relevant to Slack’s mission and customers.
- Act as a standard-bearer for readability and impact, ensuring all copy serves the needs of the end-user, from line edits to full structural revamps.
- Develop and coach writers, both in-house and freelance, with clear, candid and empathetic feedback
- Leverage analytics and relevant research to guide decisions about what to write.
- Optimize existing content using engagement data and best practices.
- Manage key relationships with partners to refine narratives and reinforce messaging.
- 5-7 years of experience in a hands-on editing capacity within a fast-paced content operation, inside or outside the enterprise software world. You might currently work on a marketing or communications team or at a wide-circulation digital publication. It’s less about where you come from and more about your skills and potential for growth.
- A strong “test and learn” mindset. There may not be a playbook in place for everything we want to accomplish. That should energize you.
- Keen ability to translate technical concepts into copy that is clear, concise, and human — and a strong track record of coaching others to achieve the same standards.
- Exceptional communication, prioritization, and time management skills. You love deadlines.
- Experience managing editorial calendars.
- Success working cross-functionally on integrated marketing campaigns or a demonstrated willingness to apply your current skill-set to this type of effort.
- Ability to work independently and globally with colleagues and partners in AMER, EMEA, and APAC.
Slack is the collaboration hub of choice for companies of all sizes, all across the world. By using Slack, they ensure that the right people are always in the loop, that key information is always at their fingertips, and new team members can get up to speed easily. With Slack, teams are better connected.
Launched in February 2014, Slack is the fastest growing business application ever and is used by thousands of teams and millions of users every day. We currently have nine offices worldwide, in San Francisco, Vancouver, Dublin, Melbourne, New York, London, Tokyo, Toronto and Denver.
Ensuring a diverse and inclusive workplace where we learn from each other is core to Slack's values. We welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives. We are an equal opportunity employer and a pleasant and supportive place to work. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Come do the best work of your life here at Slack.