Senior Event Coordinator
If the thought of helping teams improve communication, productivity, and happiness at work sounds compelling to you, then you’ll fit right in at Slack!
Slack is looking for a hard-working, logistics oriented person who is passionate about being a key member of a small but mighty event team. As a Senior Event Coordinator, you’ll have the unique opportunity to work across almost every organization in the company. You’ll handle the day to day operations required to make each event a success such handling invitation design and databases and working with internal and external hosts and workplace teams to drive alignment of overall event experiences.
- Develop, plan, and execute events at Slack global offices.
- Work cross functionally with Recruiting leads to create Slack’s presence at international tradeshows and conferences in a creative and significant way.
- Contribute to event concepts for all branded events, partnering with markets/regions and cross-functional teams to brainstorm ideas and ensure regional and local relevance.
- Manage and oversee events on the day of as required, including problem-solving, directing event set-up, communicating with staff, and organizing deliveries/vendors.
- Partner with internal stakeholders and appropriate business functions to coordinate execution of their event vision.
- Conceptualize and design event inventory that align with our evolving branding and corporate culture.
- Partner with F&B Catering, Workplace and IT team members on event details and deliverables.
- Support and coordinate company wide celebrations and landmarks geared towards strengthening Slack’s culture.
- Oversee contracts, logistics, budget, creative, vendors and assets. Attend site visits, moderate negotiations and give recommendations to support staff as needed
- Make Slack a fun place to come to work every day!
You will have:
- Minimum two years of event planning or hospitality experience.
- Clear, thoughtful communication skills (verbal and written).
- Ability to plan and deliver against hard and fast deadlines.
- A team player attitude but aptitude to work independently and think on their feet.
- Big picture, “sky is the limit” vision.
- Fluency in Slack, Google Suite, Adobe, Splashthat and Photoshop (preferred).
- Flexibility in regards to a non-traditional work week (weeknights and weekends)
- Comfortable with 15-20% travel
- Ability to lift 30 pounds.
Slack is the collaboration hub of choice for companies of all sizes, all across the world. By using Slack, they ensure that the right people are always in the loop, that key information is always at their fingertips, and new team members can get up to speed easily. With Slack, teams are better connected.
Launched in February 2014, Slack is the fastest growing business application ever and is used by thousands of teams and millions of users every day. We currently have nine offices worldwide, in San Francisco, Vancouver, Dublin, Melbourne, New York, London, Tokyo, Toronto and Denver.
Ensuring a diverse and inclusive workplace where we learn from each other is core to Slack's values. We welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives. We are an equal opportunity employer and a pleasant and supportive place to work. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Come do the best work of your life here at Slack.