Project Manager, Business Intelligence - IT
As a Project Manager, you are responsible for facilitating project execution and driving initiatives across the ecosystem. You will be responsible for tracking delivery of Business Intelligence projects, roadmap and strategy.
You will work closely with stakeholders to prioritize, plan, execute and monitor the health of each initiative. In this role, you will cultivate positive relationships with partners at all levels. You typically would feel comfortable interacting within both the technical and the business sides of the organization. You will utilize your deep understanding of technical aspects of implementation to be able to ask meaningful strategic questions that help clarify and guide our teams through priorities and decision-making.
This role is clearly right for you if you love using your critical problem-solving skills to develop successful plans as you work on detailed projects. You will also have the chance to inspire the business to think more critically about needs and execution. If you relish the opportunity to dig into large complex problems, do not hesitate to apply here and grow your career with us at Slack.
- Provide hands-on project management during discovery, design, development, testing, implementation, and post-implementation phases.
- Collaborate with technical owners and leadership to define project plans and initiatives then bring them to life and full fruition with an eye for optimization and efficiency.
- Work with leadership and stakeholders to prioritize project requests and enhancements to meet business objectives.
- Develop project plans, resource plans, with accuracy and in alignment with IT initiatives that include scope, tasks, and resourcing.
- Manage projects end-to-end including: tracks dependencies and risks and develop mitigation plans and executes accordingly. Provide day-to-day coordination and quality assurance for projects and tasks, deliver on time against agreed-upon metrics.
- Communicate progress updates across vendors, stakeholders and leadership. Oversee and facilitate working sessions, demos, adoption & change management approaches and training plans.
- Understand the business case behind each effort and can clearly articulate the value to stakeholders across the business.
- Play Scrum Master on projects across a virtual team that delivers on one plan.
- Drive internal process improvements across multiple teams and functions.
- Experience running resources, tasks, and workflows in technical project management within a similar setting.
- Agile methodology or software development life cycle experience in Business Intelligence, Data and Analytics.
- Proven ability to manage budgets, risks, dependencies, resources, vendors.
- Prior track record playing the Scrum Master role: leading standups, sprint planning, retrospectives, etc.
- Strong interpersonal skills, relationship-building and experience thriving in a collaborative environment with diverse cross-functional teams.
- Organizational and coordination skills along with multitasking abilities to get things done well and also quickly in a dynamic fast-growing company.
- BA/BS or equivalent work experience. PMP Certification would be a plus.
- Detailed oriented, and self-motivated, with strong analytical skills.
Slack is the collaboration hub of choice for companies of all sizes, all across the world. By using Slack, they ensure that the right people are always in the loop, that key information is always at their fingertips, and new team members can get up to speed easily. With Slack, teams are better connected.
Launched in February 2014, Slack is the fastest growing business application ever and is used by thousands of teams and millions of users every day. We currently have nine offices worldwide, in San Francisco, Vancouver, Dublin, Melbourne, New York, London, Tokyo, Toronto and Denver.
Ensuring a diverse and inclusive workplace where we learn from each other is core to Slack's values. We welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives. We are an equal opportunity employer and a pleasant and supportive place to work.
Come do the best work of your life here at Slack.