Platform Tech Lead
Do you have a knack for solving complex technical issues and a way with words? Do one or more of the following sound familiar?
- You know the differences between GET, POST, and other HTTP methods
- You have a preferred language of choice but you don't find it important to be selective
- You build apps because you see a need for change and you get frustrated with inefficiency
- You lead projects involving both technical and non technical folks
- You have an empathetic desire to help your fellow humans work in a simpler, more pleasant and more productive fashion
If so, we may have just the opportunity for you.
As Platform Tech Lead at Slack, you will not only assist our customers with their particularly complex computing and API issues, but also play a critical role in elevating the Customer Experience and Engineering teams. You will build strong cross organizational relationships as a means to lead projects that improve the development, functionality, and implementation of Slack as a whole. This is challenging role that is critical to the success of our customers and the entire CE team.
- Effectively resolve escalated customer and partner inquiries in a considerate and timely manner
- Communicate with CTOs, Engineers, and IT Administrators over best practices on the utilization of Slack and our platform via tickets, email, and phone
- Contribute to the ongoing learning of the CE team by sharing knowledge through mentorship, collaboration, and documentation
- Gather metrics on customer/CE reports and influence Engineering project efforts
- Partner with team leadership to ensure the scalability of the CE team through managing tooling, testing systems, and staffing
- You are self-directed and comfortable seeking solutions to big-picture objectives in the absence of explicit directives.
- You exhibit creativity, follow-through, and commitment to excellence in your work and receive constructive feedback gracefully.
- You are skilled at explaining technical concepts succinctly and clearly to customers, engineers, and to non-technical team members.
- You have a strong understanding of impact to large business when something goes down, and commitment to seeing issues through to resolution. You're able to maintain confident demeanor and excel under pressure in a rapidly changing environment.
- College degree in Computer Science, Network Engineering, or Information Technologies
- You have deep knowledge of web based APIs. You are fluent in using a variety of troubleshooting tools to diagnose issues at both the client and server levels.
- You understand web services, including transport (primarily HTTP), common data formats (JSON and XML), and standard API patterns (e.g. REST).
- You can write code in at least one language to gather data from web services and use it for your own purposes.
- You are familiar with logging and metrics systems such as Logstash and Grafana.
Slack is the collaboration hub of choice for companies of all sizes, all across the world. By using Slack, they ensure that the right people are always in the loop, that key information is always at their fingertips, and new team members can get up to speed easily. With Slack, teams are better connected.
Launched in February 2014, Slack is the fastest growing business application ever and is used by thousands of teams and millions of users every day. We currently have nine offices worldwide, in San Francisco, Vancouver, Dublin, Melbourne, New York, London, Tokyo, Toronto and Denver.
Ensuring a diverse and inclusive workplace where we learn from each other is core to Slack's values. We welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives. We are an equal opportunity employer and a pleasant and supportive place to work.
Come do the best work of your life here at Slack.