IT Project Manager
As an IT Project Manager supporting the Core IT organization at Slack (Support, Operations and Platform), you will primarily be responsible for facilitating project execution and driving initiatives across the ecosystem.
You will need to develop positive relationships with partners at all levels of the company. You typically would feel comfortable interacting within both the technical and the business sides of the organization. You will utilize your deep understanding of technical aspects of implementation to be able to ask meaningful strategic questions that help clarify and guide our teams through priorities and decisions.
This role is right for you if you love using your critical problem-solving skills to develop successful plans as you work on detailed projects. In this exciting role, you will develop methods to help your team get work done effectively and you will have the chance to inspire the business to think more critically about our plans and priorities. If you relish the opportunity to dig into large complex problems, do not hesitate to apply here and grow your career here with us at Slack.
- Provide hands-on project management during discovery, design, development, testing, implementation, and post-implementation phases.
- Collaborate with technical owners and leadership to define project plans and initiatives then bring them to life and full fruition.
- Develop project plans, resource plans, with accuracy and in alignment with technical resources.
- Provide day-to-day coordination and quality assurance for projects and tasks, deliver on time against agreed-upon metrics.
- Drive internal process improvements across multiple teams and functions.
- More than 5 years experience running resources, tasks, and workflows in a technical project management, systems engineering role.
- Experience with a variety of software development processes (Agile/Scrum, Waterfall, Kanban).
- Prior track record playing the Scrum Master role: leading standups, sprint planning, retrospectives, etc.
- Strong interpersonal skills, relationship-building and experience thriving in a collaborative environment with diverse cross-functional teams.
- Organizational and coordination skills along with multitasking abilities to get things done well and also quickly in a dynamic fast-growing environment.
- BA/BS or equivalent work experience.
- Detailed oriented, and self-motivated, with strong analytical skills.
Slack is the collaboration hub of choice for companies of all sizes, all across the world. By using Slack, they ensure that the right people are always in the loop, that key information is always at their fingertips, and new team members can get up to speed easily. With Slack, teams are better connected.
Launched in February 2014, Slack is the fastest growing business application ever and is used by thousands of teams and millions of users every day. We currently have nine offices worldwide, in San Francisco, Vancouver, Dublin, Melbourne, New York, London, Tokyo, Toronto and Denver.
Ensuring a diverse and inclusive workplace where we learn from each other is core to Slack's values. We welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives. We are an equal opportunity employer and a pleasant and supportive place to work.
Come do the best work of your life here at Slack.