Customer Experience Agent - Desktop Support Specialist
At Slack, we consider Customer Experience essential to our success. We have a healthy roster of high-profile companies that rely on Slack for their day-to-day communication, and we want to provide them with the best service possible. Our Customer Experience team's top priority is to make our customers successful and ensure that their experience using Slack is a pleasant and productive one.
This is a role that requires a broad skill set to be successful. Not only will you be directly responsible for keeping Slack's customers happy, productive, and ensuring they have the best possible experience, but you will also spend time working with the product development team to share customer feedback and insights and to test new features before release to help us build the best possible product for our customers.
- Effectively resolve customer enquiries in a considerate, accurate, and timely manner.
- Compose thoughtful, personalized responses for a variety of customer requests.
- Triage incoming requests and spot trends in customer issues to flag for the wider team.
- Identify, reproduce, and document bugs for our engineering teams.
- Work with the product development and QA teams to test new features and bug fixes and surfacing meaningful customer feedback.
- Make active contributions to help achieve team goals and successes.
- Contribute to the ongoing learning and success of your team, and the company, by sharing knowledge through mentorship, collaboration, and aiding in documentation.
- You are well-versed in Windows, Mac, and Linux operating systems, including advanced knowledge of system preferences and have familiarity with using the command line in each system.
- You are able to install and maintain several OS versions (hardware and VM-based) for testing and are comfortable retrieving and searching within system logs.
- You care deeply, genuinely and passionately about customer support and about the role it plays in making a customer-centric team successful.
- You have prior experience in a similar role. You know that every bit of work you do makes a real difference in making our customers happy.
- You understand the web and how it works. You're not necessarily writing and deploying your own JQuery-based, CSS-heavy responsive sites, but you're also not afraid of the technology.
- You know when something is over your head and are not afraid to ask for help. You are skilled at explaining technical problems succinctly and clearly.
- You possess a mastery of English and are a strong, confident, and exacting writer.
- You exhibit diplomacy, tact, and poise under pressure when working through customer issues.
- You have a post-secondary degree or equivalent professional experience.
- Previous experience with customer support for a web-based application or in a dynamic startup environment.
- Familiarity with source control, especially via Github.
- Experience with Electron.
- You know your BSOD from your kernel panics, your Mojave from your Ubuntu.
- This isn't your first rodeo, you've dug into a Windows registry before.
Slack is the collaboration hub of choice for companies of all sizes, all across the world. By using Slack, they ensure that the right people are always in the loop, that key information is always at their fingertips, and new team members can get up to speed easily. With Slack, teams are better connected.
Launched in February 2014, Slack is the fastest growing business application ever and is used by thousands of teams and millions of users every day. We currently have nine offices worldwide, in San Francisco, Vancouver, Dublin, Melbourne, New York, London, Tokyo, Toronto and Denver.
Ensuring a diverse and inclusive workplace where we learn from each other is core to Slack's values. We welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives. We are an equal opportunity employer and a pleasant and supportive place to work.
Come do the best work of your life here at Slack.