Cloud Engineering, Program Manager
About the Team
Slack is seeking an experienced Program Manager to drive technical programs for Slack’s Service Engineering Team. The average user spends over 10 hours connected and 2.5 hours active in Slack every single day. 5 billion messages are sent per month with half of those outside the United States. Service Engineering is a diverse organization with different but related areas of focus. We rapidly iterate and work closely with other teams in engineering and product to ensure we build resilient systems that can scale. Our organization needs your help to define processes for organizing work and communication to improve efficiency and effectiveness as we continue to grow.
In this role, you will be helping us create our Cloud Governance program. You will focus on the process of how Slack plans and manages the cost of its rapidly growing cloud infrastructure. Slack is growing so fast, you will regularly need to redesign the organization system for infrastructure to accommodate the ever-increasing scale. If you are looking for a challenge and an opportunity to grow as part of the effort to define the gold standard for cloud management, then this role is for you.
Your responsibilities may include:
- Leverage Slack’s cloud management platform to make cost transparent.
- Develop infrastructure tagging taxonomy to map resource utilization to service teams.
- Partner with Finance and Engineering to establish a planning process and forecasting models across teams.
- Design and deliver reporting on cost growth and drivers.
- Support organization and communication for Cloud Engineering initiatives.
You might be a good fit if:
- You have experience running AWS infrastructure planning and governance.
- You have opinions on how organizations should organize their public cloud resources.
- You are naturally well organized and you are a clear and effective communicator.
- This is a role in Engineering. While writing code is not required, having an understanding of the software used to handle and automate large-scale cloud infrastructure will help you remain effective.
- You have experience designing the process and communication structure required to successfully land programs in a fast moving environment.
- Large-scale AWS infrastructure management.
- Knowledge of large scale, high volume systems.
Slack is the collaboration hub of choice for companies of all sizes, all across the world. By using Slack, they ensure that the right people are always in the loop, that key information is always at their fingertips, and new team members can get up to speed easily. With Slack, teams are better connected.
Launched in February 2014, Slack is the fastest growing business application ever and is used by thousands of teams and millions of users every day. We currently have nine offices worldwide, in San Francisco, Vancouver, Dublin, Melbourne, New York, London, Tokyo, Toronto and Denver.
Ensuring a diverse and inclusive workplace where we learn from each other is core to Slack's values. We welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives. We are an equal opportunity employer and a pleasant and supportive place to work. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Come do the best work of your life here at Slack.