Chief of Staff, Global Communications
As the Chief of staff for the global communications organization you will be responsible for developing and expanding the current and future capacity of the team.
As the leader of this function, you’ll be responsible for staying informed about cross-functional metrics and OKRs that guide the team’s work. Your work will focus on four critical pillars:
- Strategy: How do we build, track and execute against cohesive metrics that inform us of the impact of Slack’s positioning in the market?
- Execution: How do we broaden the impact of the Global Comms team by identifying and taking action on processes that help us scale and - equally important - space for us to develop innovative, new ideas?
- People: How do we ensure that every comms leader has the support required to perform at a high level and grow into new challenges?
- Communication: How do we consistently communicate so that every member of the department and Slack clearly grasps the core vision the Comms Leadership Team has set and uses daily?
- Work with the VP, Comms and the leadership team to ensure that the department’s vision, culture and intent is properly developed and communicated across the team.
- Design, implement, and monitor key metrics that:
- Guide the measurement of success against our functional goals and OKRs
- Ensure the future sustainability, integration, quality and engagement of the department.
- Refine and manage the department’s org planning and prioritization process to map into OKRs, diversity goals, growth targets, cross functional requirements and OKRs
- Bust and eradicate silos in our work via a deep partnership with the functional management leaders to identify areas of need and opportunity, including globally and at regional sites.
- Design and implement holistic systems that ensure all disciplines across Global Communications are equipped with the support and working environment to do the best work of our careers.
- Motivate and empower the entire team to reach aggressive goals, even in the face of adversity.
- Manage change effectively using strategies that honor the mission and culture of the team.
- Manage risk by making thoughtful decisions in uncertain environments.
- You deeply understand how to create environments where people can do their best work.
- You have prior experience developing business plans and you understand how B2B SaaS companies work.
- You have experience leading and running multiple teams and functions, ideally in the comms and brand space.
- You have experience building teams from the ground up using existing and new resources when appropriate.
- You create the environment where an engaged team will thrive.
- You identify areas where resources fall short of needs and provide thoughtful and sustainable solutions to benefit the team.
- You are skilled at explaining ambiguous problems succinctly and clearly.
- You are a strong, confident, and exacting writer and speaker.
- You are a self-starter, able to run with projects with (at times) minimal direction
- You are highly organized, detail-oriented and able to meet deadlines consistently
Slack is a layer of the business technology stack that brings together people, data, and applications – a single place where people can effectively work together, find important information, and access hundreds of thousands of critical applications and services to do their best work. From global Fortune 100 companies to corner markets, businesses and teams of all kinds use Slack to bring the right people together with all the right information. Slack is headquartered in San Francisco, CA and has ten offices around the world. For more information on how Slack makes teams better connected, visit slack.com.
Ensuring a diverse and inclusive workplace where we learn from each other is core to Slack’s values. We welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives. We are an equal opportunity employer and a pleasant and supportive place to work.
Come do the best work of your life here at Slack.