Chief of Staff, Global Communications
As the Chief of staff for the global communications organization you will be responsible for developing and expanding the current and future capacity of the team.
As the leader of this function, you’ll be responsible for staying informed about cross-functional metrics and OKRs that guide the team’s work. Your work will focus on four critical pillars:
- Strategy: How do we build, track and execute against cohesive metrics that inform us of the impact of Slack’s positioning in the market?
- Execution: How do we broaden the impact of the Global Comms team by identifying and taking action on processes that help us scale and - equally important - space for us to develop innovative, new ideas?
- People: How do we ensure that every comms leader has the support required to perform at a high level and grow into new challenges?
- Communication: How do we consistently communicate so that every member of the department and Slack clearly grasps the core vision the Comms Leadership Team has set and uses daily?
- Work with the VP, Comms and the leadership team to ensure that the department’s vision, culture and intent is properly developed and communicated across the team.
- Design, implement, and monitor key metrics that:
- Guide the measurement of success against our functional goals and OKRs
- Ensure the future sustainability, integration, quality and engagement of the department.
- Refine and manage the department’s org planning and prioritization process to map into OKRs, diversity goals, growth targets, cross functional requirements and OKRs
- Bust and eradicate silos in our work via a deep partnership with the functional management leaders to identify areas of need and opportunity, including globally and at regional sites.
- Design and implement holistic systems that ensure all disciplines across Global Communications are equipped with the support and working environment to do the best work of our careers.
- Motivate and empower the entire team to reach aggressive goals, even in the face of adversity.
- Manage change effectively using strategies that honor the mission and culture of the team.
- Manage risk by making thoughtful decisions in uncertain environments.
- You deeply understand how to create environments where people can do their best work.
- You have prior experience developing business plans and you understand how B2B SaaS companies work.
- You have experience leading and running multiple teams and functions, ideally in the comms and brand space.
- You have experience building teams from the ground up using existing and new resources when appropriate.
- You create the environment where an engaged team will thrive.
- You identify areas where resources fall short of needs and provide thoughtful and sustainable solutions to benefit the team.
- You are skilled at explaining ambiguous problems succinctly and clearly.
- You are a strong, confident, and exacting writer and speaker.
- You are a self-starter, able to run with projects with (at times) minimal direction
- You are highly organized, detail-oriented and able to meet deadlines consistently
Slack is the collaboration hub of choice for companies of all sizes, all across the world. By using Slack, they ensure that the right people are always in the loop, that key information is always at their fingertips, and new team members can get up to speed easily. With Slack, teams are better connected.
Launched in February 2014, Slack is the fastest growing business application ever and is used by thousands of teams and millions of users every day. We currently have nine offices worldwide, in San Francisco, Vancouver, Dublin, Melbourne, New York, London, Tokyo, Toronto and Denver.
Ensuring a diverse and inclusive workplace where we learn from each other is core to Slack's values. We welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives. We are an equal opportunity employer and a pleasant and supportive place to work. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Come do the best work of your life here at Slack.