Product Marketing Manager, Monetization
Slack is seeking a lifecycle product marketing manager to accelerate the growth of our self-serve business through monetization.
With an array of premium features that enable teams to get even more out of Slack, our paid plans are the ideal next step for companies looking to go from trying Slack to using it long-term. In this role, you’ll help companies make this transition — introducing them to new, premium benefits that help make their working lives simpler, more pleasant, and more productive. Partnering closely with product, you’ll develop and execute strategies that help teams try and decide on the plan that’s right for them — and in turn accelerate conversion from free to paid.
A successful candidate will be customer-focused, analytical and excited about the opportunity to help more individuals and companies change the way they work using Slack.
- Be the internal expert on the customer lifecycle, advising on how companies and end-users can make the best use of Slack’s premium benefits, as well as how this usage differs across customer segments.
- Work with product to create the ideal customer lifecycle, focusing on programs that educate free teams on the benefits of Slack’s paid plans, give them opportunities to trial these benefits, and ultimately drive conversion from free to paid.
- Partner with analytics to evaluate the impact of monetization programs and monitor the overall health of the funnel.
- Through a deep audience expertise, identify and push forward opportunities for Slack to create more value for our self-serve customers.
- Own strategy for all out-of-product touch points throughout the customer lifecycle.
- Collaborate with product management and analytics on monetization strategy with respect to pricing, packaging, and positioning.
- 5 + years of experience in marketing
- 2+ years of experience in lifecycle marketing
- Deep knowledge and understanding of multi-stage customer lifecycles across segments
- Thorough understanding of customer marketing and nurture — experience creating, deploying, and optimizing complex automated marketing campaigns
- Strong storyteller with demonstrable experience creating compelling marketing copy
- Comfort with ambiguity, and proven ability to make informed decisions when the answers aren’t immediately clear
- Extensive experience with experimentation (e.g. A/B tests, multi-variant tests)
Slack is a layer of the business technology stack that brings together people, data, and applications – a single place where people can effectively work together, find important information, and access hundreds of thousands of critical applications and services to do their best work. From global Fortune 100 companies to corner markets, businesses and teams of all kinds use Slack to bring the right people together with all the right information. Slack is headquartered in San Francisco, CA and has ten offices around the world. For more information on how Slack makes teams better connected, visit slack.com.
Ensuring a diverse and inclusive workplace where we learn from each other is core to Slack’s values. We welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives. We are an equal opportunity employer and a pleasant and supportive place to work.
Come do the best work of your life here at Slack.