Product Marketing Manager, Monetization
Slack is seeking a lifecycle product marketing manager to accelerate the growth of our self-serve business through monetization.
With an array of premium features that enable teams to get even more out of Slack, our paid plans are the ideal next step for companies looking to go from trying Slack to using it long-term. In this role, you’ll help companies make this transition — introducing them to new, premium benefits that help make their working lives simpler, more pleasant, and more productive. Partnering closely with product, you’ll develop and execute strategies that help teams try and decide on the plan that’s right for them — and in turn accelerate conversion from free to paid.
A successful candidate will be customer-focused, analytical and excited about the opportunity to help more individuals and companies change the way they work using Slack.
- Be the internal expert on the customer lifecycle, advising on how companies and end-users can make the best use of Slack’s premium benefits, as well as how this usage differs across customer segments.
- Work with product to create the ideal customer lifecycle, focusing on programs that educate free teams on the benefits of Slack’s paid plans, give them opportunities to trial these benefits, and ultimately drive conversion from free to paid.
- Partner with analytics to evaluate the impact of monetization programs and monitor the overall health of the funnel.
- Through a deep audience expertise, identify and push forward opportunities for Slack to create more value for our self-serve customers.
- Own strategy for all out-of-product touch points throughout the customer lifecycle.
- Collaborate with product management and analytics on monetization strategy with respect to pricing, packaging, and positioning.
- 5 + years of experience in marketing
- 2+ years of experience in lifecycle marketing
- Deep knowledge and understanding of multi-stage customer lifecycles across segments
- Thorough understanding of customer marketing and nurture — experience creating, deploying, and optimizing complex automated marketing campaigns
- Strong storyteller with demonstrable experience creating compelling marketing copy
- Comfort with ambiguity, and proven ability to make informed decisions when the answers aren’t immediately clear
- Extensive experience with experimentation (e.g. A/B tests, multi-variant tests)
Slack is the collaboration hub of choice for companies of all sizes, all across the world. By using Slack, they ensure that the right people are always in the loop, that key information is always at their fingertips, and new team members can get up to speed easily. With Slack, teams are better connected.
Launched in February 2014, Slack is the fastest growing business application ever and is used by thousands of teams and millions of users every day. We currently have nine offices worldwide, in San Francisco, Vancouver, Dublin, Melbourne, New York, London, Tokyo, Toronto and Denver.
Ensuring a diverse and inclusive workplace where we learn from each other is core to Slack's values. We welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives. We are an equal opportunity employer and a pleasant and supportive place to work. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Come do the best work of your life here at Slack.