Customer Marketing Manager
Slack is seeking a customer marketing manager to join our growing business marketing team. Celebrating and sharing our customers’ success is critical to our enterprise marketing efforts; this role is at the center of that effort. In this position, you'll become a resident guide on our customers, how they are using Slack and the value they’ve realized, and you’ll be responsible for a program to deliver a steady stream of customer stories and references to support awareness, demand generation and sales cycles.
Slack has a positive, diverse, and encouraging culture—we look for people who are curious, inventive, and work to be a little better every single day. In our work together we aim to be smart, humble, hardworking and, above all, collaborative. If this sounds like a good fit for you, why not say hello?
What you will be doing
Customer References and Advocacy Program
- Work with Sales and Customer Success to identify top reference accounts and cultivate champions within those accounts to participate in advocacy activities (including case studies, videos, speaking at events, customer panels, peer-to-peer references, and comms).
- Engage with customers to agree to co-marketing, including building a strong rapport and relationship with each and every engagement.
- Own the end-to-end lifecycle of all customer references and maintain a reference database to track customer advocacy participation. Handle reference status, document customer use cases, respond to Marketing and Sales requests, and cultivate new references for the program.
- Meet with customers to identify their success stories and document impact; use multiple sources of data to quantify the value of Slack and produce effective marketing assets to be demonstrated in our highest priority marketing programs.
Customer Speakers and Events Partnership
- Partner with Field Marketing to source a pipeline of customer speakers for local and regional events; support with speaker selection, prep, and ensure a positive customer experience throughout the engagement.
- Act as the “quarterback” to handle all cross-functional players involved in the sourcing, production, and approval of customer content; partner closely with Sales, Customer Success, Marketing, the customer and their Comms team to ensure delivery deadlines are met.
- Closely monitor the program and find opportunities to continuously optimize and scale customer engagement and advocacy efforts.
What you should have
- 5+ years marketing experience (enterprise software preferred) with at least 2 years in a customer-facing role (Sales, Customer Success, Customer Marketing)
- Validated ability to work cross-functionally, particularly with Sales, Customer Success and creative teams
- Can-do, positive, inspiring attitude
- Acute attention to detail
- Track record of success in a dynamic, sometimes hectic environment
- Bachelor's degree is required
Slack is the collaboration hub of choice for companies of all sizes, all across the world. By using Slack, they ensure that the right people are always in the loop, that key information is always at their fingertips, and new team members can get up to speed easily. With Slack, teams are better connected.
Launched in February 2014, Slack is the fastest growing business application ever and is used by thousands of teams and millions of users every day. We currently have nine offices worldwide, in San Francisco, Vancouver, Dublin, Melbourne, New York, London, Tokyo, Toronto and Denver.
Ensuring a diverse and inclusive workplace where we learn from each other is core to Slack's values. We welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives. We are an equal opportunity employer and a pleasant and supportive place to work. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Come do the best work of your life here at Slack.