Sr. Program Manager, Core Product
Slack is seeking a Sr. Program Manager to drive technical projects for Slack’s Core Product organization.
In this role, you will partner with Product, Engineering, and Design teams to drive project execution. You understand the benefits of moving quickly and can champion program management processes and methods across the team. You will work directly with Product Managers and Engineering Managers to drive Core Product projects from planning through to delivery and will ensure the work is well understood, is tracked appropriately, and is executed successfully across multiple departments.
As Slack grows, it is critical that we develop repeatable, scalable methods that help the team deliver projects on time and to scope; you’ll help define what that means for the Core Product team. You have experience collecting product and business requirements for complex and multi-functional projects, and are curious to deepen your knowledge and learn standard methodologies to drive team-wide improvements. You thrive when running multiple, highly-detailed projects in a dynamic environment, and know how to make in-flight corrections when things don’t go according to plan.
In short, there is someone on Core Product that cares the most about successful project execution - and that person is you!
What you will be doing (Responsibilities)
- Identify and drive technical and process improvements across multiple teams and functions, leading the execution of programs and projects
- Provide hands-on program management during analysis, design, development, testing, implementation, launch, and post-launch phases
- Plan and execute high value cross-team and group-wide meetings
- Build and maintain timelines, role & responsibility matrices, project plans and trackers, and communication artifacts to ensure everyone is operating from the most recent and accurate information. Rinse and repeat.
- Identify, monitor and lead organizational and project changes across the team
What you should have (Qualifications)
- At least 6+ years leading planning, resource management, project lifecycles, and workflows in a dynamic product or engineering organization
Slack has a positive, diverse, and supportive culture—we look for people who are curious, inventive, and work to be a little better every single day. In our work together we aim to be smart, humble, hardworking and, above all, collaborative. If this sounds like a good fit for you, why not say hello?
Slack is the collaboration hub of choice for companies of all sizes, all across the world. By using Slack, they ensure that the right people are always in the loop, that key information is always at their fingertips, and new team members can get up to speed easily. With Slack, teams are better connected.
Launched in February 2014, Slack is the fastest growing business application ever and is used by thousands of teams and millions of users every day. We currently have nine offices worldwide, in San Francisco, Vancouver, Dublin, Melbourne, New York, London, Tokyo, Toronto and Denver.
Ensuring a diverse and inclusive workplace where we learn from each other is core to Slack's values. We welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives. We are an equal opportunity employer and a pleasant and supportive place to work.
Come do the best work of your life here at Slack.